When QuickBooks is installed to fed the programs up and running there are some programs that are installed in the background which are installed automatically and starts or stops in between where QuickBooks gets an error like error 5. Such errors in QuickBooks are because of the background files and processes that are automatically installed.Show More
Netsharegetinfo like errors get you to the information which has been shared in the QuickBooks to keep the record of all the files which got corrupted or effected by such errors in error 5 and netsharegetinfo.
QuickBooks always checks before the tool must be gear started as these error once resolved might keep a file or a folder up and running which produces further issues which stops QuickBooks to work sequentially.
- 1 Unexpected error 5 in QuickBooks
- 2 Netsharegetinfo Error
- 3 What are the reasons for the cause of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH?
- 4 The solutions to fix QuickBooks unexpected error 5 in the call to Netsharegetinfo
- 5 FAQs
Unexpected error 5 in QuickBooks
- The company file which the QuickBooks is working on gets the error when the particular file location cannot be accessed.
- All the permissions should be manually registered for resolving such errors like netsharegetinfo.
- To maintain the functioning of quick books the error 5 must be manually removed by the background files and folders that are automatically installed.
- In error 5 the quickbooks stops functioning in particular areas
- The unexpected wrrors can be resolved by the diagnostic tool
- In quickbooks these errors are taken care by the process that keeps error removed such as netsharegetinfo.
Here are the reasons that you must know for the cause QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH.
Find your reason from the list given below:-Show More
- When you don’t shutdown computer in a proper manner
- The operations of the system are not working properly
- This error happens for location Path\\server\file.qbw
- The entries in the Windows registry is not valid
- In QuickBooks Enterprise solution, when this error happens- Contractor 16.0”:V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335,C=249, V=0 (0))
The local administrator has no rights to access the application as the database manager is the domain controller. This error happens because of a network connection error between the users and database files.Show Less
Many different solutions are here to resolve this error in your account. You have to choose any one solution according to the reason for the error. The solutions are:-
1. Solution One: Delete & Recreate The User
Delete The User
- To delete the user, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop software
- In QuickBooks Desktop, open the Company tab
- Then go and click on the Users option
- After that, select the Setup Users and Roles option
- You get a list of users on your screen
- Select the user from the list
- When you are done with it then provide the confirmation by clicking on the OK button.
Recreate The User
- To recreate the user, open the QuickBooks Desktop application on your personal computer
- Click on the Users and Roles option
- Now, select the option Create a new username for the new user
- After this, do create the new password for the user you are recreating
- The new password is for the new user or the recreated user that you are doing
- Again type the password for the confirmation
- In the end, create the user’s roles and click on the OK button.
- First of all, you have to provide the file share’s full access
- Then go with the solution that is totally based on the operating system and the server of Windows of the system
- Now follow the displayed steps
- It helps you in giving the access for file sharing for resolving the unexpected error 5 in the call to netsharegetinfo
- After that, open the File Explorer
- Search for the folder having the company file
- Then right-click on the folder and from further options click on the Properties option
- In the Properties window, go to the Sharing tab
- Click on the full or partial sharing that totally depends on your business requirements
- Now click on the Apply button
- Then click on the Ok button to save all the changes and close the window.
3. Solution Three: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool if you won’t have it
- Then install it in your system
- After that, you have to follow the things that are mentioned below:-
- The permissions of all the files and folders are managed at the level that is expected
- The hosting in your system is configured properly
- In the settings, the complete control of user permissions are provided
- Now you have full access to the file that is in the QuickBooks. The file is the destination file.
4. Solution Four: Download, Install, and Use the Reimage Repair Tool
- Firstly, download the Reimage Repair Tool
- Save the file to the location where you remember it
- After successful downloading, go to the saved file
- Right-click on the .exe file
- Then select the option Run as administrator
- When the UAC window prompts for confirmation of installation then click on the Yes button
- The installation starts and the installation wizard opens up
- Follow all the shown instructions
- When the installation completes properly, the tool opens up automatically
- After that, you can see a Welcome screen of tool
- Give permissions to the Reimage Repair Tool for the automatic scan
- For starting the tool installation, click on the Install button
- Now the tool installs on your computer properly
- Then it downloads the updates as per the requirement and for that the internet connection is must
- For checking the status of the computer, the Reimage Repair Tool starts the automatic scan
- When the scan is done you get to know about the areas in which your computer is facing issues or have problems
- To repair it you have to click on the button named Start Repair
- It takes time to fix all the problems and issues
- After that when the issues are fixed your computer needs a restart
- So restart it and then it is ready to use.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
You may also like to read:
- Why i getting the message Quickbooks FCS is damaged?
- Olsu1013: I get this error while setting up online banking. How to get rid of it?
- Why my quickbooks printer is not activated?
What are the other reasons for unexpected error 5?
The reasons that cause the error are mentioned below:-
💠 The entries are invalid in the Windows registry
💠 The shutdown of the system or application is not done properly
💠 In the system, the malfunction of operation
💠 Get the unexpected error 5 in the call to netsharegetinfo for the path\\server\file.qbw in QuickBooks account
💠 Unexpected error happens in the Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions: Contractor 16.0”:V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335, C=249, V=0 (0))
Why does this error happen?
The local administrator is not allowed to access the application so if they try to access it then it causes the error displayed on their screen. It also happens when there is a network problem between the users and the database file of QuickBooks.
The 2 methods to shut down the personal computer are mentioned below:-
1. You can shut down the computer using the power button in the Start menu and then click on the Shutdown option
2. Shutdown the system using shortcut keys Alt + F4 and select the option Shutdown and then click on the OK button
- Quickbooks Unable To Rebuild
- Quickbooks Could Not Load The License Data Error
- Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Not Calculating Payroll Taxes
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- Error 1911. What it means in quickbooks pro and quickbooks online?
- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open
- QuickBooks Windows Error ‘The File Exists’
- QuickBooks Data Recovery: How to Recover Deleted QB Files?