How to Merge Customers in Quickbooks
We are going to discuss the process through which the information of the customers or customers could be merged together in order to delete any duplicate data. Information of two customers that are similar can be merged by following the procedure given below.
Let’s have a look on the procedure:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Tap on Sales
Then choose the Customers
After that choose the customers having same information
Tap on Edit present at top
Make the changes in name
Make sure that Display Name you gave is a unique one
Click on Save and then on OK and confirm about the changes that you have made for the customers of yours
Process of Merging of accounts in Quickbooks
Let’s have a look on how the merging of accounts is done:
- Tap on Charts of Account and then on Gear icon
- After that go to Action tab and click on Edit
- Then ensure that the Name is copied and you take a note of all the Detail Type
- Tap on cancel and then go back to Charts of Account
- Then go to accounts and tap on Edit
- After that make changes in accounts types as per the requirements you have
- Tap on Save and confirm, when the dialog box of this message appears
Process of Merging The Vendors in Quickbooks
In case you have the vendors listed in the data file of QuickBooks, then you can merge them in order to avoid any kind of unnecessary redundancy.
Steps for the same are given below:
- Go to left menu of the pane and tap on Expense
- Select the Vendors and Suppliers options
- Verify that the vendors selected by you to merge must have the similar options
- Tap on the option of Edit and then make necessary changes in the vendors name
- Then click on Save
- Tap on Yes to give affirmation to your actions
Vendor and a customer role is defined differently in QuickBooks. Customers are linked with the accounts receivable and sales receipts whereas vendors are linked with the purchase made by you and the accounts payable. In case the company and customers are with other vendor and customer then two accounts should be maintained by you, one as the customer and other one as vendor.
It has to be done because vendor and customer can’t have the same names exactly. Customer record cannot be combined with the vendor record or you cannot convert the vendor record or to the customer record or the customer record to the vendor record.
Issues and Questions that Customers Face
For example: you are willing to merge the two customers along with the moving their estimates and history. Now what you want to know is that how this is done?
Need Professional Help?
If you are facing any issues or have any questions further related to this, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team on Chat now. We assure you that our experienced staff at SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk will leave no stone unturned to answer your queries.
- How to Record Owner Investment in QuickBooks?
- Enter Daily Sales in Quickbooks
- Importing the Correct .IIF file into QuickBooks
- Set Up a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) in QuickBooks?
- Law Practice Accounting Using QuickBooks
- Do A Refund on Quickbooks
- Add A Loan in Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Trust Accounting Attorneys
- Change Address on Invoice in Quickbooks
- How To Import Accountant's Changes In QuickBooks?