How to See Invoice Payment History Report in QuickBooks
Steps to see the list of Paid Invoices:
By running the Transaction List of the Customer Report and customizing it, you will be able to see the invoices that are paid already within the particular date range.
To do that:
Total Time: 8 minutes
Click on Reports
Then select Customers and Receivables
After that choose the Transaction List by Customer
Then get the range of desired date changed in From and the To fields
Tap on Customize Report present in right side of the upper corner
Click on the tab of Filters
Then in left table of Choose Filter find as well as choose the Paid Status and then select Closed
Then get back to table of Choose Filter and then find the Transaction Type
After that tap on the drop-down arrow and then select Invoice
Then tap on OK in order to get the report running
Recording The Payment Received for The Invoice
Applying for the customer payments in QuickBooks lead to the closure of open invoices and also helps in maintaining the accurate records. If you accept the payment and do not maintain proper accounting records, then it may lead to the confusion as well as error when QuickBooks report is run by you or when the reconciliation of bank statement is done.
Customer name are organized by the Open Invoices and then they can be viewed in the window of Received Payments. In case the customer is having multiple open invoices, then you will be able to have clarity on invoice for which you are willing to apply the payment for.
- Click on the Customers and choose Receive Payments in order to get the window of Receive Payments opened
- Then tap on the drop-down menu of Received From and then choose customers name in order to see the list of the outstanding invoices present at the window of Receive Payments bottom
- Ensure that payment amount is entered in Amount box and then also the date in Date box
- Tap on drop-down menu to PMT Method and after that choose payment type. In case debit or credit card is used by your customer then make sure that card number is entered in the text box of Card No and in Exp Date box the expiration date
- Tap on the drop-down of Deposit To and then choose the account where you are willing to get the payment deposited
- Then put a checkmark on the box which is present at the invoice’s left, for which you wish to apply the payment for. Payment will by default get applied to invoice by earliest date
- In the last tap on Save and Close in order to ensure that payment is applied
Common Issues and Questions that are encountered by Customers
The question that may arise at this stage is that, will you be able to run the report which is related to the specific customer and then will you be able to see their invoice number, payments that are applied for invoices, invoices, check number and payment date?
Started an invoice or estimate & it immediately popsup “an application error has occurred while processing your request”
It is possible that you are experiencing an issue with your standard web browser while attempting to create an invoice or estimate due to a buildup of cached data. This cache stores temporary internet files from your browsing history. If it accumulates too many files, it can cause performance problems.
Need Professional Help?
To get the correct and satisfactory answer of the same, you should get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team. Our experts at SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk will ensure that all your queries and concerns are answered in best possible way. Call on smb_accountants.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems