Time entry in QuickBooks keeps the track of all the transactions or payments been made in QuickBooks through the time entry and by this going to the time when the action was done we can easily go to the details of specific time. In such cases online time entry is very important which helps the users and owner in future.
How to Check time entries?
- To track the billing details of the customer online time entry is very important.
- When a task or command is given to the customer it actually keeps the track of the activities with the customer.
- If the time is billable the invoice must have all the timing details to be pulled off.
Details for the invoice according to QuickBooks online time entry
- Name of the employee.
- The time billed.
- The amount charged in hour basis.
On the invoice after QuickBooks online time entry, you can customize to show the following:
- When QuickBooks online time entry the text from the timing Description to the field on the time sheet is by the timing.
- The name of the standard QuickBooks online time entry service you are using must be there.
- Custom text that you specify for time tracking charges for QuickBooks online time entry
Turning on The Time Tracking
- First of all click on the Gear icon present on the too and then select the Company Settings or Account Settings
- Then from the left select Advanced and then move towards Time tracking section and click on pencil icon
- Then set your preferences for tracking the time
- Click the checkbox for Add Service field in timesheets, you can also make Single-Time Activity Billable to the Customer box. Once these boxes are checked then contractors and employees, filling the time sheets can have clarity whether the activities will get billed to the customer or not
- This step is optional, though you can still follow it. On Show billing rate click on the check mark, for the users that entering the time box
- Now from the drop down select the first day of working week. This will define how the time sheets will be seen by the contractors and employees
- Then select Save and then Done
Adding the Time Tracking User
- Choose Gear icon first and then select Manage Users
- Select the Add user and then choose the Time tracking after doing this click on Next
- Then choose which employee or vendor has to be added as Time Tracking Only user and add their correct contact information
- Click on Save
There might be the case when you have many users for the Time Tracking, it won’t be counted towards the users or numbers and nor even the subscription’s price.
Accessing the Time Tracking reports:
- Go to the left menu and select Reports
- In the field, Enter report, add anything from the below list:
- Time activities as per the Customer Detail
- Time Activities as per the Employee Detail
- Recent or the Edited Time Activities
- Unbilled time
Need Professional Help?
QuickBooks being the useful software is taking care of various business related needs of small firms and organisations. While working on this software you may face some issues and to resolve these issues our QuickBooks customer support team is readily available 24*7. Our QuickBooks tech support is trained and highly knowledgeable to answer all your queries and to resolve them in no time.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Batch Enter Transactions
- QuickBooks Has Reached The Maximum Number of Unregistered Uses
- How to enter reimbursable expense in quickbooks online and enterprise 2016
- How to open dlm files within quickbooks, be it quickbooks pro, desktop or enterprise.
- Prepare Job Costing in QuickBooks
- Quickbooks Error QBWC1039
- Prepare & Customize QuickBooks Packing Slip
- Change Address on Invoice in Quickbooks
- How to buy QuickBooks pro with payroll?
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping vs QuickBooks Online Integration