- 1 What is QuickBooks Rebuild Data & How to Process It?
- 2 Reasons for Rebuilding QuickBooks Data File
- 3 Procedure to Rebuild QuickBooks Data
What is QuickBooks Rebuild Data & How to Process It?
Rebuilding data in QuickBooks is a process to keep the accounts validated and out of concerns. Sometimes the accounts in QuickBooks do not respond correctly and miss certain transactions, names, deposited payments and accounts.
Before we start, it is important to know that rebuilding QuickBooks id different from resetting QuickBooks In this piece we will explain the reasons which arise to rebuild QuickBooks and also the process of rebuilding this lost data. You can go through the information and resolve you concerns.
Reasons for Rebuilding QuickBooks Data File
- There are various fatal errors when we use QuickBooks Desktop premier 2018
- There are negative amounts being posted in some invoices and bills
- The balance sheet reports have missing accounts
- There are certain names and transactions which went missing from the data file
- There are some payments which are deposited but does now show up in the accounts
Procedure to Rebuild QuickBooks Data
To rebuild Quickbooks Data, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Shut down all the programs which are running on the system and QuickBooks
Select files menu > click utilities > Rebuild data
You will be asked to backup the company file, tap ok
Store the data of the company file in some external storage device. In case you have the data locally saved on the hard drive do not replace this backup instead save the back with a new file name
In the backup screen, tap ok
In case the process fails to complete, tap cancel
Make a copy of the company file and start the software rebuilding process again (make sure you do not use the original company file since it may lead to complete loss of data)
Once the process of backing up the data is finished, the rebuilding process will automatically start.
Tap ok to complete the rebuilding procedure
Reopen the software and then the company file:
In the file menu start the company file
Tap open to view the required company file
Now start reviewing all the reports and accounts.
After the process is finished, open the Qbwin log File which will display all the details of the process. Once you review this you will have the details of what all things are affected by the rebuild process.
QuickBooks is an important software which allows the business to grow in all the aspects. However, it is equally essential to know the software since it can be disturbing when an error pops up and we are unable to fix the issue. To resolve significant data errors you can rebuild QuickBooks from the above process.
Need Professional Help?
In case you want any assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks customer support team on smb_accountants and get assisted with the software from the professionals.
- QuickBooks Pro Timer Download : How to Setup, Install and Use it
- Record Sale of Fixed Asset in Quickbooks
- How To Record Tax Refund In QuickBooks?
- How to Unvoid an Invoice in QuickBooks?
- Fingerprint time clock quickbooks: How to download this software for quickbooks pro?
- How to Delete Memorized Reports in Quickbooks?
- Set Up Budget in QuickBooks
- Reset quickbooks password: Quickbooks admin password not working
- Quickbooks Error 15215 while Installing Updates
- Enter Rent Received in Quickbooks