In QuickBooks there are many details which are present to keep all the data in sequence so that if in future any details need to be checked or analyzed the QuickBooks have all the data saved in it regarding all the company files and folders.
In QuickBooks there is a search bar which helps to get to the required field where a user wants to check. This search bar is very important to be working because most of the times the user wants to get a information or transactions that are been done earlier so to search them user types the keyword related to the topic and gets the information available for the same.
Without a doubt, it’s the world’s best bookkeeping programming program made particularly for small or medium-sized business, yet like each and every product, there are now and again when QuickBooks unable to work appropriately and creates certain QuickBooks Error Codes.QuickBooks users some of the time run over a peculiar sort of error where QuickBooks search work unexpectedly stops working, and users are just left with an alternative to search for an answer online of QuickBooks search not working error. Alongside all possible solutions of this issue, you will likewise discover the underlying drivers of the error so you can easily remove the QuickBooks search not working error in future.
- 1 What does QuickBooks Search Not Working Error mean?
- 2 When QuickBooks search not working
- 3 Why QuickBooks search stops working
- 4 Solutions to resolve the Quickbooks Search Not Working Error
- 5 FAQs
What does QuickBooks Search Not Working Error mean?
QuickBooks Desktop and Online applications have a few highlights that one can use to decrease the endeavors put into overseeing every day accounting programs and one of such elements is QuickBooks search that you can use to search for any transaction, customer, company document, and any kind of data. After you search, QuickBooks will immediately get back with the results that you are searching for. Now and then you need to update the QuickBooks Desktop application, you may confront an error where QuickBooks Search won’t show any results, and you get QuickBooks search not working error.
When QuickBooks search not working
- There is a option to update the search
- Index should be checked
- Restart the QuickBooks
- Check the firewall settings
- Reinstallation of QuickBooks
Why QuickBooks search stops working
- Due to an update required
- Some registry error in QuickBooks
- Search function not working
Basic search of QuickBooks ensures that the transaction is found by you quickly, just by following few simple things. Below mentioned three types of search are executed as part of Basic Search:
- Transaction Date Basic Search
- Transaction Amount Basic Search
- Transaction/Reference Number Basic Search
Solutions to resolve the Quickbooks Search Not Working Error
1. Solution One: Rename the QuickBooks Search Index File
To fix this error, the user has to rename the QuickBooks Search Index File with the following steps:
- Initially, you have to open the QuickBooks and then exit from the company file
- Hit the click on the Window Start button and write searchindex in the search bar
- Then, click on the File search box
- Hit the Enter key and then choose the window button. It will take you to the folder
- After this, you have to locate the QBW.searchindex folder and then write the .OLD which is given at the end of the folder name
- Now, you have to again open your QuickBooks Company file
- Click on the Magnified Glass tab or search button from the top left corner of the window
- Go to the left side panel and then click on the update to view the information option
- Once you ensure that the update in progress then wait for the notification
- Click on the OK and move forward with displayed guidelines
- Once the update process is completed then open your QuickBooks to check whether the issues are resolved or not.
2. Solution Two: Switch to Turn off firewall protection
If the above solution fails to resolve this error then switch to turn off firewall protection.
It might help you to get rid of this error if you utilize an inbuilt firewall. To check and verify, go to the Control Panel. Then, click on the turn off button to stop the firewall processing on a temporary basis. Once you are done then try to use this search to ensure the issue is resolved or not.
In another case, if you installed any third-party firewall, then you need to search the instructions to turn off that specific firewall on its website.
3. Solution Three: Repair Corrupted or Damaged Window Registries
If this issue appears due to corrupted to damaged window registries then you have to repair it with the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you have to open the window start menu
- Then, you have to write the “Run” in the search bar and the Run command will appear on your screen
- After this, you have to type that specific folder location and hit the Enter key
- Now, locate the EntitlementDataStore
- Then, open your QuickBooks and the company file
- Move forward with on-screen guidelines until to you register the QuickBooks
- Once it’s done, click on the Save & Close button to finish the program.
4. Solution Four: Uninstall & Reinstall The Quickbooks
The best way to resolve this error is to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks
- Hit the first click on the Start button
- Then, you have to choose the Control Panel
- Go tio the Programs section then select the “Programs and Features” option
- From the drop-menu options, click on the QuickBooks
- Choose the Uninstall option and click on the OK button when it appears on your screen
- Click on the Next button and select the Remove option
- It might be take some time to uninstall QuickBooks from your system
- Then, again install the QuickBooks from the intuit website. But make sure, you installed the latest version
- Follow the displayed instruction until the program is not finished.
Advanced Search will help you to go with the detailed search. This advanced search could easily be accessed from basic search through the link or through the search box.
Now imagine, if your QuickBooks search is not working, and you are in a middle of something very important, what will you do? Isn’t it going to be a problematic situation and you may get panicked too.
But you do not have to worry about it. To get rid of this issue, ensure that your QuickBooks is updated as per the current and most recent release. Periodic updates for software maintenance are provided by QuickBooks Desktop, which ensures that these issues are fixed easily, compliance information is updated and features & enhancements are added.
Once the QuickBooks is updated to the latest version of release, go back to the Search preferences settings. Select Update Automatically and then choose Update now button.
Need Professional Help?
These steps will help you to get rid of the issue, but if in case the problem persists, then you can consult our QuickBooks Technical Support team. Professionals with extensive knowledge are a part of our QuickBooks tech support team. QuickBooks customer support team will listen to all your queries and problems carefully and then will guide you to overcome the same. You can directly call our QuickBooks Customer Support team on smbaccountants.com.
What are the reasons that trigger the QB Desktop search not working issue?
If the search feature for QuickBooks is not working then you might not have updated the software to the latest version available. Nevertheless, the error related to the QuickBooks search feature can also affect many other reasons.
Check out the list below-
💠 QuickBooks search feature error can be triggered by registry error in Windows OS.
💠 Regardless of security issues, it may be the QuickBooks Firewall obstacle.
💠 Outdated software versions of QuickBooks.
💠 Possible damage to the search index files in QuickBooks.
What are the possible solutions to fix QuickBooks search not working issue?
Here are some of the effective solutions that may resolve the QB search not working issue:
💠 Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks Search Index File
💠 Solution 2: Prevent Firewall from Obstructing QuickBooks
💠 Solution 3: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
💠 Solution 4: Repair Damaged Windows Registry
When does QuickBooks Search bar stop working?
QB Search bar stops working when the search bar is not updated, restart the QB accounting software, needs to check the index, verify firewall settings, reinstall QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Error 6210
- QuickBooks Frozen after My Computer Has Gone to Sleep
- QuickBooks Data Sync Start and Stop
- Quickbooks Update Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- dbextclr11- Error in QuickBooks
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Error 1723
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
- QuickBooks Not Calculating Payroll Taxes