- 1 What are the reasons for the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error?
- 2 What are the symptoms of the “QuickBooks Stopped working” error?
- 3 Points you need to consider before Troubleshooting Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error
- 4 How to Resolve Quickbooks has stopped working error
- 5 FAQ
What are the reasons for the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error?
- Corrupted or damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Due to a damaged hard drive, this error might be happening.
- The program’s files are ruined.
- When your QuickBooks Desktop does not work appropriately.
- When you have corrupted or damaged Windows working files.
- Improper Internet Connectivity.
What are the symptoms of the “QuickBooks Stopped working” error?
- Assuming you see the accompanying side effects on your product after the accident, make a point to quickly resolve it, as your PC may be in danger.
- Sometimes your system freezes and doesn’t react to any input commands.
Points you need to consider before Troubleshooting Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error
- Ensure you have installed the most recent accessible updates of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- The company file name should be under 35 characters including spaces and fulfill all specifications.
- Turn off all antivirus programs on your PC before running QuickBooks.
- Assuming this is your issue, you need to avoid QuickBooks from your antivirus to examine the list.
- Make a point to sign in with a record that has administrative rights on Windows.
- Attempt to Reinstall QuickBooks utilizing Clean Install Tool.
How to Resolve Quickbooks has stopped working error
How to Resolve Quickbooks has stopped working error in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Here, you find multiple solutions to resolve this error. Before picking any solution, ensure the reason behind it. It will help you to resolve the issue without any interruption.
1. First Method:
You can face this error in any version of quickbooks like quickbooks pro, quickbooks desktop, quickbooks pro or even quickbooks enterprise. Though the version can be any but the solution will remain the same.
When quickbooks hangs then you might see error message like “Quickbooks has stopped working after opening file”. If you get continuous error message like such then you can try the following steps to resolve it.
Total Time: 11 minutes
Open “My Computers”, this you can do this by pressing Windows+E keys on your keyboard.
Now in the search box type the Quickbooks file extension like (.QBW).
Look through the list of files and copy the one that you want to open.
Now goto your C drive, create a new folder, open it and press Ctrl+V to paste the new file.
Now open your QuickBooks software, press the CTRL.
Choose the Open or Restore option of an Existing Company, browse the folder you created in your C drive.
Now Open the file, and you must now be able to open your company file. This will also resolve your “quickbooks has stopped working issue”.
2. Method Two: Download and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To resolve this issue automatically, download and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool with the following steps:
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks and go to the QuickBooks Tool hub
- Then, click on the connection and download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now, you have to choose the location to save the file
- Before running the QB Install Diagnostic Tool, close every running application on Windows
- After this, Double-tap on the system file and adhere to directions to begin the analysis
- Contingent upon the presentation of your PC, it may require as long as 25 minutes to fix the damages in the installation
- When the tool wraps up fixing the installation errors, restart your Windows and attempt to open QuickBooks indeed
- Once the program is completed, restart your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
3. Method Three: Scan and Repair All Bad Sectors on Hard-Disk
You can also fix this error by scan and Repair all Bad Sectors on Hard-Disk
- Firstly, open the windows file manager by pressing the Windows + E together
- Hit the right-click the C drive and then choose the windows C Drive Properties
- After this, you have to choose the Properties, and under the Tools
- Hit the click on the Check now and then go to the windows C Drive Check Now
- Now, Checkmark Automatically fixes file framework mistakes and Scan for and endeavor recuperation of awful areas options
- Click on the Start button and stand by until Windows finishes the process and corrects all issues.
4. Method Four: Edit QBWUSER.INI File Name
To resolve this error, you can edit QBWUSER.INI File Name
- Firstly, go to the Windows File Manager and explore to \Users\User Name \AppData\Local\ Intuit\QuickBooks and discover the QBWUSER.INI file
- If you are unable to find the file, click on the folder
- Then, go to the Search Options under the file menu at the upper left corner of the Window
- Under the View tab checkmark Show covered up files, folders, or drives option The show covered up files folders or drives in Windows
- Click on the Apply button and then Ok
- Hit the next right-click on the file and then choose the Rename from the drop-menu options
- Now, Add OLD toward the finish of the file name for instance (QBWUSER.INI.OLD)
- At last, open the QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks has stopped working and the mistake is resolved or not.
5. Method Five: Reinstall Windows Operating System
If all the above methods failed to resolve this error, then reinstall Windows Operating System
Before reinstalling Windows make a point to backup your company file, as reinstalling Windows will eliminate QuickBooks and Company file information from the PC. It will prevent your data from being lost. Then perform the process with displayed guidelines until the program is not finished and you are all done with this issue.
Need Professional Help?
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
What are the reasons that QuickBooks stopped working in 2014, 2015, 2016?
There are various reasons that encounter the error QuickBooks stopped working.
These reasons are:-
1. The Windows operating system is damaged
2. The company name of the QuickBooks file is too long
3. The program files or the installation file is corrupted or damaged
4. The file QBWUSER.INI file is missing
5. The hard drive is corrupted.
What are the symptoms of why QuickBooks stopped working in the 2014, 2015, 2016 account?
The symptoms are:-
1. Freezing of your computer while working
2. QuickBooks Desktop is unable to open
3. The system shuts down again and again
4. The input responds slowly.
What are the steps to fix QuickBooks stopped working errors in 2014, 2015, 2016 using Quick Fix my Program
To use Quick Fix My Program you have to do the following steps:-
1. Firstly download, install, and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
2. From the tool select the option Program Problems
3. Then click on the Quick Fix My Program option
4. After that, run the QuickBooks Desktop
5. Then open the data file that you want to fix
6. Now the process takes a few minutes according to the data in it.
- Quickbooks Pro Could Not Load The License Data
- QuickBooks Error Code 1311
- QuickBooks Data Recovery: How to Recover Deleted QB Files?
- Unable to Reinstall QuickBooks
- Getting error Crash Catcher while opening QuickBooks on Mac?
- QuickBooks Error 12002
- QuickBooks Error 1723
- QuickBooks Software on your Computer is Unable to communicate
- QuickBooks Admin Password Crack And How to Reset New Password
- Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log. Fix your error with these simple steps.