- 1 How to Resolve Quickbooks has stopped working error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- 2 FAQ
How to Resolve Quickbooks has stopped working error in 2014, 2015, 2016
You can face this error in any version of quickbooks like quickbooks pro, quickbooks desktop, quickbooks pro or even quickbooks enterprise. Though the version can be any but the solution will remain the same.
When quickbooks hangs then you might see error message like “Quickbooks has stopped working after opening file”. If you get continuous error message like such then you can try the following steps to resolve it.
Total Time: 11 minutes
Open “My Computers”, this you can do this by pressing Windows+E keys on your keyboard.
Now in the search box type the Quickbooks file extension like (.QBW).
Look through the list of files and copy the one that you want to open.
Now goto your C drive, create a new folder, open it and press Ctrl+V to paste the new file.
Now open your QuickBooks software, press the CTRL.
Choose the Open or Restore option of an Existing Company, browse the folder you created in your C drive.
Now Open the file, and you must now be able to open your company file. This will also resolve your “quickbooks has stopped working issue”.
Need Professional Help?
What are the reasons that QuickBooks stopped working in 2014, 2015, 2016?
There are various reasons that encounter the error QuickBooks stopped working.
These reasons are:-
1. The Windows operating system is damaged
2. The company name of the QuickBooks file is too long
3. The program files or the installation file is corrupted or damaged
4. The file QBWUSER.INI file is missing
5. The hard drive is corrupted.
What are the symptoms of why QuickBooks stopped working in the 2014, 2015, 2016 account?
The symptoms are:-
1. Freezing of your computer while working
2. QuickBooks Desktop is unable to open
3. The system shuts down again and again
4. The input responds slowly.
What are the steps to fix QuickBooks stopped working errors in 2014, 2015, 2016 using Quick Fix my Program
To use Quick Fix My Program you have to do the following steps:-
1. Firstly download, install, and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
2. From the tool select the option Program Problems
3. Then click on the Quick Fix My Program option
4. After that, run the QuickBooks Desktop
5. Then open the data file that you want to fix
6. Now the process takes a few minutes according to the data in it.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1311
- Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- Quickbooks Was Unable to Decrypt The File with The Password
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks 2018 Com Error
- Fixing QuickBooks 6000 Errors
- QuickBooks Online Not Working
- Quickbooks Error H101, H202, H303, H505
- A Data Problem Prevents QuickBooks from Continuing