- 1 How to Resolve QuickBooks Encryption Decryption Errors?
- 2 Fixing Qbwin.log: LVL_SEVERE_ERROR
- 3 How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unable to Decrypt Files with Passwords
- 4 FAQ
How to Resolve QuickBooks Encryption Decryption Errors?
QuickBooks users commonly encounter this error message in the Qbwin.log file: failed to decrypt user’s master key. This QuickBooks error is mainly caused due to the user list or your built-in user in your company data is damaged.
If you are facing ‘Failed to decrypt user’s master key’ error on EnterpriseSuite, you have to contact Intuit QB Enterprise Support Telephone for fixing this issue.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Fixing Qbwin.log: LVL_SEVERE_ERROR
To resolve the “Quickbooks Was Unable to Decrypt The File with The Password” Check through the QuickBooks Admin user for damage, Follow mentioned below steps:
Total Time: 12 minutes
Update the software to the Latest Release
Make a backup of your company file
Log in to your company file as the Admin user
Choose the users list:
💠 QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier: Select the company menu -> set up users and passwords -> set up user.
💠 QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise: Select the company menu -> users -> set up users and roles.
Select the default admin user -> click edit user
Change the password to a temporary password
Click Next -> then finish
QuickBooks Desktop will re-encrypt data in your file
💠 If QuickBooks Desktop crashes while encrypting, send your file to data services for recovery fees may apply.
💠 If the encryption process completes see a “working” window while the encryption process is working.
It is very important to: File -> Close Company/Log off) -> then close the program completely -> log in again as the admin user. This will finish the re-encryption process.
The admin user’s encryption should be fixed so that you can log in with the new password.
To ensure about encryption is fixed, check the QBWinlog mentioned below:
💠 Run the Verify Data Utility to check if the encryption process is completed.
💠 Seek for the recent entries of the verify log (QBWin.log) such as:
►► LVL_SEVERE_ERROR–GetMasterKey Failed: The decryption has failed or
►► LVL_SEVERE_ERROR–GetDataAccessKey Failed: The decryption has failed
💠 The error is fixed if you find out that the errors above for the admin user in the latest entries of the log you can change your password.
💠 If the error is not fixed the errors in the latest entries of the log, you will need to send your file to Data Services for recovery. Send your file to Data Services for repair if the Masterkey error is for your Admin user.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unable to Decrypt Files with Passwords
Follow the steps below to get a quick solution or fix for your file decrypting with password error:
Method 1: Check whether QuickBooks Admin is impaired or not
- First, sign in to the company account as an administrator.
- The admin password must now be modified.
- Open the particular User list.
- Users of QuickBooks Premium and Pro must open Company, search for Setup users along with Passwords, and then click Set Up User.
- Those using QuickBooks Enterprise Solution should choose the Company menu, select Users, and then select Set up Users and Roles.
- Select the Admin user and then Edit the user.
- Create a Provisional Password by editing the Password.
- Select Next and then choose Finish.
- In QuickBooks software, information is now encrypted into your file. This is a lengthy process, so you will need to wait.
Note: In case your particular QuickBooks Desktop crashes when you are attempting to encrypt, then send the file to Data services to delete all crucial information from the particular file.
Navigate to the company file, click on Close Company, and then exit the program.
- You need to exit the program, navigate to the particular company file, and then look for the Close Company option.
- Now open QuickBooks again, and then sign in as an Admin user in order to complete the encryption process. To make sure whether the re-encryption method was successful or not, search for the QBWin.log file.
- Open the particular Verify Data Utility.
- Now look for the entries of the record file, based on time and date post resolving. Here are the entries:
You can edit your password by repeating step 2. However, if you encounter any of the errors mentioned above, your file must be sent to Data Services.
Method 2: Encryption fields are broken – fix it
- Select the Verify Data Utility that you want to use.
- In QBWin.log, look for the error prompt.
- Make sure QBWin.log is the same on your desktop.
- Now right-click on the particular file option and select Open With and then press on the Notepad.
- In the record file, write all the customer information. Then update the credit card numbers of the affected customers.
- In the particular QuickBooks software application, search for the customers menu and after that select the Customer Centre option.
- Select All Customers from the particular pull-down list and then try to find the Customer or Customer Job mentioned in the record file.
- Double click on it and then search for the Payment Settings option.
- Enter your 16-digit credit card number and expiration date, then click OK.
- Now get back to the Payment Settings button.
- Run the Verify Data Utility once again.
- The issue has been resolved if you don’t find any problems.
- If authentication fails, check QBWin.log again for customers you haven’t accepted or problems that have caused authentication failure.
Need Professional Help?
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How can I repair the QuickBooks Encryption Decryption error instantly?
Firstly, you need to locate the admin and ensure about the listed as admin. If you can’t find out then hit the click on the Edit option to make new changes. To check and verify the damage, sign in to the company file as an admin. Then, you have to change the Admin password. Once you completed, then QB proceeds forward to re-encrypt the data and then sign out from the company file. Open your QuickBooks again to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks Encryption Decryption error?
QuickBooks encryption-decryption errors usually appear due to the damage in the encryption of sensitive fields such as bank accounts, credit card numbers, or social security. Before resolving this error, the user has to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest edition and create a backup company file.
How would I check and change the QB Admin user to get rid of QuickBooks encryption-decryption error?
To change the admin password, QuickBooks will re-encrypt the data in your company file. Open the file menu and then hit the “Close” button to log off. Once, have done then open your QuickBooks again and then sign in as an admin to finish the re-encryption process.