- 1 How to Fix Error message ‘unable to connect to email server’ on gmail and outlook?
- 2 Main causes of the Error with Email server
- 3 How to Resolve the Issue?
- 4 FAQ
How to Fix Error message ‘unable to connect to email server’ on gmail and outlook?
At times when the QuickBooks users try to mail invoices via their company email account they encounter an error stating – Could not connect to the Email Server or We are unable to connect/login to email server for your email provider.
The reasons may be firewall problems with QuickBooks mail or incorrect QuickBooks SMTP settings. We can help you with setting up email for gmail and outlook.
Main causes of the Error with Email server
- Email preference being set incorrectly
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file
- QuickBooks software running as administrator
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software
- Damaged Outlook installation
- Outlook program is open in the background when sending the email through QuickBooks
How to Resolve the Issue?
There are few solutions recommended b Intuit to fix this problem. Follow the solution in the given sequence for fruitful results. If you fail to resolve the issue or the issue persists for a long time report the issue to QuickBooks customer support number.
QB support can be approached by toll free phone number, live chat or email support. The customer support team is highly proficient and active 24×7. If the mentioned resolves doesn’t work with QuickBooks gmail or Outlook feel free to contact us.
1. First Solution: Update your QuickBooks to the latest release
- Go to -> Help menu -> choose Update QuickBooks
- Click -> Update Now tab
- Select Get Updates and follow the instructions to update to the latest release
2. Second Solution: Check your settings in the web mail preferences
- Go to -> Edit menu
- Select Preferences
- Select Send Forms
- Select the active email account -> click Edit
- Add a check mark to the SSL checkbox or just select Default
- Note that the Server Name field matches your email provider’s settings
- Retry to send your email again
3. Third Solution: Reset Internet Explorer Settings to default
- Open Internet Explorer -> click the Tools menu
- Click Internet Options
- Select -> Advanced tab
- Click -> Restore Advanced Settings button
- Click OK -> close the browser
- Try to send your email again
Need Professional Help?
How would I make Outlook my default email in QuickBooks?
The first thing you have to do to close the QuickBooks and then open Outlook. The next thing you have to do to choose the file. Click on the “Options” and all preferences will appear on your screen. The user has to open the “General” tab. After this, scroll down and hit the click on the “Start-Up” button. Proceed forward to check and verify the box which is just next to the “Make Outlook the default program for email, calendar, and contacts” option.
How can I sync outlook contacts with QuickBooks?
Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks Contact Sync. Then choose the button which is given below to download the tool. Now, you have to save the file at a place where you can easily locate it. The next step is to install the QuickBooks contact sync. But you have to sure to close the outlook. Then, sync the contacts. At last, open outlook and QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Why my QuickBooks unable to send emails to outlook?
It usually happens due to improper settings of email preferences. The user has to check and correct the settings. Once you have done then mark an invoice as an “Email later” and hit the “Save & Close” button. Then, open the File menu and click on the “Send Forms” option. Once you have done, then choose the “Invoice” option and click on the “Send” to finish the program.
- Quickbooks Communication Error
- Quickbooks Was Unable to Decrypt The File with The Password
- Quickbooks error 15215
- Solution:Conflicting copies in QuickBooks
- Quickbooks on Cloud Working slow,frozen,cant' open
- QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- QuickBooks is unable to Login to Email Server(Outlook or Gmail)
- Reset Quickbooks Password: Quickbooks admin password not working
- QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel
- QuickBooks Error Code 1311