- 1 How to Fix Error message ‘unable to connect to email server’ on gmail and outlook?
- 2 Main causes of the Error with Email server
- 3 How to Resolve the Issue?
How to Fix Error message ‘unable to connect to email server’ on gmail and outlook?
At times when the QuickBooks users try to mail invoices via their company email account they encounter an error stating – Could not connect to the Email Server or We are unable to connect/login to email server for your email provider.
The reasons may be firewall problems with QuickBooks mail or incorrect QuickBooks SMTP settings. We can help you with setting up email for gmail and outlook.
Main causes of the Error with Email server
- Email preference being set incorrectly
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file
- QuickBooks software running as administrator
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software
- Damaged Outlook installation
- Outlook program is open in the background when sending the email through QuickBooks
How to Resolve the Issue?
There are few solutions recommended b Intuit to fix this problem. Follow the solution in the given sequence for fruitful results. If you fail to resolve the issue or the issue persists for a long time report the issue to QuickBooks customer support number.
QB support can be approached by toll free phone number, live chat or email support. The customer support team is highly proficient and active 24×7. If the mentioned resolves doesn’t work with QuickBooks gmail or Outlook feel free to contact us.
1. First Solution: Update your QuickBooks to the latest release
- Go to -> Help menu -> choose Update QuickBooks
- Click -> Update Now tab
- Select Get Updates and follow the instructions to update to the latest release
2. Second Solution: Check your settings in the web mail preferences
- Go to -> Edit menu
- Select Preferences
- Select Send Forms
- Select the active email account -> click Edit
- Add a check mark to the SSL checkbox or just select Default
- Note that the Server Name field matches your email provider’s settings
- Retry to send your email again
3. Third Solution: Reset Internet Explorer Settings to default
- Open Internet Explorer -> click the Tools menu
- Click Internet Options
- Select -> Advanced tab
- Click -> Restore Advanced Settings button
- Click OK -> close the browser
- Try to send your email again
Need Professional Help?
- QuickBooks 2016,2017 File Doctor Unable to Repair
- QuickBooks Got Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo.
- QuickBooks Error 3120
- QuickBooks Online Not Working
- QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- Quickbooks Unable To Rebuild
- QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- QuickBooks PS033 Error “Can’t read payroll setup files”
- Quickbooks Update Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 12157