Error:Unable to retrieve connected files and user list
Sometimes while scanning the folders that comprise of QuickBooks data files for multi-user access, there are chances that you encounter error stating: QuickBooks unable to retrieve connected files and user list.
This situation crops up on either Windows 2003 or 2008 Servers. You need to switch QB Cloud hosting solutions to keep away this kind of error in future.
The main cause for the occurrence of the error is when the QuickBooks
Database Server Manager (QBDMgr) is not installed:
- On the root of the server, or
- The files are located on external hard drive or
- Firewall blockage.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issue of QuickBooks Data File
While scanning when you encounter the above-mentioned error, you are restricted not to open any file from server however, it opens in the single user mode. Assure that hosting is off at that time.
While trying to switch to multi-user mode you will get the error message: you are attempting to work with a company file that is located on another computer that also requires additional installation and setup.
How to Resolve to Error?
Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the error.
The resolution steps are recommended by Intuit and it rectifies the error instantly.
- Uninstall and reinstall the QBDMgr to the root of the server (where Windows Operating System (OS) resides.
- Move or copy folder(s) containing the company data files to the local drive.
- Allow QuickBooks access through your Firewall.
In case the above mentioned steps fail to resolve the error you can report the issue to QuickBooks technical support number. The QB professionals are technically sound and include expert Pro Advisors, skilled and capable of resolving the error instantly. They are approachable and responsive to client’s doubts and queries through live chat, email, toll free phone number etc.
Alternatively you can choose support from third party agencies when the QuickBooks team is engaged for a long time. QuickBooks Professionals is a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Agency that offers best quality support for error rectification smooth and quick. It roofs highly experienced and knowledgeable QuickBooks professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. You can dial Toll Free phone number ?smbaccountants.com.
- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- Quickbooks Error 6129
- QuickBooks Search Not Working
- QuickBooks Unable To Find Scanner
- How to Fix Error Codes: (-1, 0) in QuickBooks
- Quickbooks Invoice Number Not Incrementing
- QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error Code 30. How to resolve it for quickbooks pro?
- QuickBooks 2016,2017 File Doctor Unable to Repair