QuickBooks Clean Install tool is the most popular repairing tool used to recover the damage in the software. You need to reinstall the QuickBooks to fix the error after the un-installation process. This tool helps to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- 1 Quickbooks_clean_install_tool.exe.
- 2 Follow the Steps for uninstalling QuickBooks (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- 3 Follow the Steps to Install QuickBooks via quickbooks_clean_install_tool.exe
- 4 What does QuickBooks Clean Install Tool define in QuickBooks?
- 5 Follow the below-mentioned instructions step-by-step to run the clean Installation of QuickBooks
- 6 How to Download and Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
- 7 How to rename the QuickBooks Installation Folders manually?
- 8 FAQs
QuickBooks was launched in the year 1992 and developed with a motive to uplift the small and medium sized business by automating their daily accounting and financial tasks. This accounting software comprises of eclectic features and advanced tools that simplifies the complex accounting, saving abundant time and enhancing the work accuracy.
Like other software QuickBooks also encounters errors. There are unfavorable times when QuickBooks stops functioning due to technical or functional errors. To avoid these errors QuickBooks reinstallation is done with the help of a specially designed tool.
QuickBooks Clean Install tool helps to perform clean installation of QuickBooks in the desktop and ensures tight security of the company data and files. When you face any file corruption issue while using QuickBooks program the process stops and hangs and finally ends up with restricting access to QuickBooks. When encircled in such scenario QuickBooks Clean Install tool acts as a rescuer once uninstalling of QuickBooks successfully.
This tool is developed to meet certain requirements and can be easily downloaded from the official website of Intuit.
At times it happens that QuickBooks Desktop function gets damaged and just performing reinstall does not fix the issue you need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, rename installation files that are left behind, and then re-install the application.
This entire process is known as Clean Install or Clean Uninstall. You need to make sure that you have your Quickbooks software CD or installation files available with you. This will make sure that you have all the necessary docs available.
Follow the Steps for uninstalling QuickBooks (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Click on the Start
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove program/uninstall the program
- Choose QuickBooks and Uninstall it
- QuickBooks uninstalled completely
- Restart the computer
Follow the Steps to Install QuickBooks via quickbooks_clean_install_tool.exe
- Download the exe tool
- Install it successfully
- Click on all the positive options
- Run the tool after the installation is over
- Manually name the folders of installation one after another
- Install the tool and install QuickBooks latest version without any error
In case there is an Installation Error:
- Open task manager
- Go to the process tab
- Then choose the image name to write according to alphabets order
- Choose the QuickBooks manager file
- Click yes to end the process
Alternate Solution – Rename Folders Manually
If the problem still occurs then you have to go with this alternate solution or you can say it the second solution. This solution helps you in doing things step by step and also you know the mistake if you did it on your own. Do change the name of the folders using the process that is mentioned below:-
- First of all, uninstall the QuickBooks same as the above solution
- Now display the hidden files
- Go to the file explorer
- Then click on the View menu at the top left side
- Select the option Display hidden files.
- Open the File Explorer, then search for the folder having the QuickBooks software files that are located in one of the following locations:-
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- After reaching the folder, right-click on it, and from further options click on the Rename option
- Now add the OLD at the end of the name of all the folders or files
- After that, you have to again install the QuickBooks Desktop software in your system.
While renaming the folder or files if you get any error message related to the access then do the following steps:-
- For this, right-click on the Windows taskbar, and then from the options list click on the Task Manager option
Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys from the keyboard and select the Task Manager option
- In the Task Manager window, the Processes tab is selected if not then select it
- Click on the Name column to sort the list
- Now you have to select the processes that are-
- Then click on the End Task button after selecting each file
- If you see a Warning window appear on your screen that says “Terminating a process can cause undesired results..” so click on the Yes button for confirmation so that you can proceed with your work.
For further assistance, you can call the QuickBooks customer help desk number through toll-free phone number. They can also be approached through email and live chat options. Choose live chat mode in case you need immediate assistance.
What does QuickBooks Clean Install Tool define in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks accounting software, a clean installation tool introduces fixes to all problematic issues that block you from opening the company file. Not just this, the clean installation of QuickBooks allows circumstances like presentation and format issues, and many more to make things more clear. The dread of losing the accounting data of your company may emerge in QuickBooks users’ mind, however, it is guaranteed that the clean installation of QuickBooks software will not influence the accounting data, as all that is available in the company file isn’t associated with this cycle by any means. A clean install is a bit-by-bit measure, which includes the un-installation of QuickBooks for Windows, renaming the installation files, and after that reinstalling the program.
Must be sure that the QuickBooks download file or Installation CD, and the license numbers are available to unlock all services. When the QuickBooks software is uninstalled from the system, the user should have the item and permit number, to sign in back to the software. To guarantee in advance, hit the click on the F2 key and then Press Ctrl +1 together to view the product data
To prevent any loss of data while fixing the errors, QuickBooks users are needed to create their company backup file. However, there are the least possibilities for any data misfortune, yet to be on a more secure side is constantly suggested.
- To create a company backup file, the user needs to insert a flash drive in the system for the backup
- Then, make the backup of the company files for the open QuickBooks
- Now, you have to track the file and click on the backup company option. It will make a local backup
- After this, the user needs to choose between the alternative local backup or online backup according to the inclination.
- Be that as it may, it is protected to save files on the flash drive as it is a fast method to transfer files back
- Move forward with displayed guidelines and click on the Next button until the program is not finished
Follow the below-mentioned instructions step-by-step to run the clean Installation of QuickBooks
Step 1: In the first step, you have to install the QuickBooks
- First of all, press the “Windows+ R” keys together to see the “RUN” command on the screen of their system
- Then find the “Control Panel” section and hit the click on it
- Perform on-screen guidelines until you finished with the subsequent step, it is the ideal opportunity for you to choose the “Programs and Features” option
- Go to the “Projects List” option and then choose QuickBooks, following by tapping on uninstall
- Click on the “Finish” button and you are all done with this step.
Step 2: Once you are done with the above then you have to rename the installing folders
The QuickBooks users can utilize the Clean Install tool QuickBooks for renaming the installation folders. This tool automatically renames the old install folders for the users. It will permit you to QuickBooks to add new install files later at the hour of reinstall. You can also do it manually, by hitting the click on the installation file. Then, choose the Rename option from the drop-down menu. Now, give a new name and hit the Save button to update all new changes.
How to Download and Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
- The first step to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.exe file from QuickBooks took the hub
- Then, you have to save the file on your system
- The next step to be performed is to open QuickBooks Clean Install exe.
- After this, click on the “I agree” option from the permit agreement that shows up on the screen of the user
- Moving forward to pick the QuickBooks current version and then click on the Continue button
- Hit the OK when a message appears on your screen
- Now, QuickBooks is ready to do a Clean, and you can install this to the default directory.
How to rename the QuickBooks Installation Folders manually?
The most common query encountered in your mind that how to change the name of the QuickBooks installation folder. Here, you find the steps to be performed by the users is to manually rename the company folders which are recorded for the windows version. They should simply Add old or damaged words, where the folder name closes. By doing this, the users will want to stay away from QuickBooks from recognizing the folder when the user will make the upgraded one.
In any case, if the user faces any type of issue expressing the entrance denied while renaming the folders, then you should simply follow the below guidelines:
- Hit the first right-click on the Windows taskbar, then all options will appear on your screen
- Then, go to the Processes tab and pick the choice Image name column header for sorting out the processes sequentially
- Now, the user is required to choose the QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe., and qbw32.exe, respectively followed by hitting the ‘END’ choice.
- The last step is to press yes on the message that shows up on the screen expressing a warning if you end the process that will prompt undesired results including data loss and system instability.
Step 3: Now, you are all set to reinstall the QuickBooks.
The last step is to download and reinstall QuickBooks. This step finishes and finishes the clean installation process. Then follow the clean installation tool runs a step-by-step process. If you skip any step then it might encounter some error issues.
Step 4: The user has to collect all data and then create a backup file. This step is optional.
- The initial step is to download another install file for the QuickBooks software
- In addition, the user has to be sure that you are getting the most recent updates for the version
- The user needs to keep the permit number helpful, which can be found on the first bundling or in the buy affirmation email
- The next step is to record the year and make sure about the current version of the product.
- Now, the user needs to ensure to back up the company file
- Hit the click on the Save button to end this process
Need Professional Help?
They identify the reason for your error and provide a feasible solution accordingly. You can call to the toll-free number smbaccountants.com and garner excellent QuickBooks support services round the clock.
- ianywhere.saclrclassloader has stopped working
- How to print screen within QuickBooks
- How to reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
What are the things you need to consider before uninstalling the QuickBooks software?
💠 Ensure you have the License number, and product ID so that you can easily download files from the installation CD or link
💠 Make a backup of the company file
How can I run the QuickBooks clean installation tool?
💠 Download the tool and then save it as you save other files on the system
💠 Locate the folder and then open the downloaded file
💠 Now you have to read the terms and conditions and then hit on I accept to confirm that you agreed to them
💠 Select the suitable version you are using and then hit on Select
Give a click on the OK button to start the installation process
What to do if I get an error when trying to rename the installation folder?
💠 Locate Windows TaskBar and then do right-click on it
💠 Choose Task Manager
💠 Locate Processes option
💠 Choose the Name column header listed in the list
💠 Pick the below processes
💠 Click on End process
💠 Choose yes if you see any warning message