- 1 What is E-pay in QuickBooks Desktop?
- 2 Ways of Setting up E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop
- 3 How to Submit E-Payment in Quickbooks Desktop?
- 4 How to Activate, Deactivate & Change the Account Number?
- 5 Set up state e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
What is E-pay in QuickBooks Desktop?
E-pay stands for Electronic Payment. It is a convenient mode of receiving/paying for goods and services all electronically. It is a replacement for checks or cash.
Ways of Setting up E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop
You don’t have to print, go for mail checks and cover any payroll liability if you are using E-pay services. Your E-pay services are just a few clicks away and you are all set to receive and send payments electronically.
E-pay services are available with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. If you are to use E-pay or file a payment electronically.
You have to follow certain steps;
- Go for an Enhanced subscription of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll that supports the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Proper Internet Connectivity.
- Check for the latest available payroll update.
- Now, set up E-pay services.
While checking for the latest update or downloading updates, you may face many errors like QuickBooks Error Code 102 or QuickBooks Error Code 1723. In such cases, you are suggested to get in touch with us through our website.
How to Submit E-Payment in Quickbooks Desktop?
- Open QuickBooks Desktop –> click on Employees Menu –> click on payroll Center.
- In the payroll center, click on Liabilities.
- Now, in the pay taxes and other liabilities section, click on the liability that you want to pay.
- Now, Click on the View/Pay button.
- The View button will enable you to look into the accuracy of the liability. Once you cross-check, click on the E-pay button
- Enter your Log-in information in the Agency Login windows.
- Now, click on Submit. You will get a confirmation notification comprising that Intuit has received your request. Now, you can submit an e-payment to the respective agency. You may print the confirmation.
- Click Close.
How to Activate, Deactivate & Change the Account Number?
If you have to change the bank account number in E-pay under payroll and you set up not allow you to do so as you must have created the accountant copy from it in this you have to import the changes and then it will allow you to make those changes.
You have to follow the following steps to change the Bank Account number in the e-payments.
1. Step One: Active Accounts Tab
You have to check for active accounts where your banking information is already there you can change the routing number and account number on it.
2. Step Two: Inactivate Bank Account Number
You have to go to the chart and completely deactivate the services there.
Set up state e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
You must pay your state payroll taxes and file the necessary state forms on time throughout the year to stay compliant with state agencies. Most states allow you to pay taxes and file forms electronically with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced. If you want to stay compliant with state agencies, this is the fastest and easiest way.
To use e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks, you must complete a few setup tasks
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, we file and pay your federal and state taxes and forms for you.
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic or Standard, see Pay and file your federal and state payroll taxes and forms manually in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- Looking to set up e-file and e-pay for your federal taxes and forms? See Set up Federal e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced.
Step 1: Learn about state file and pay methods in QuickBooks
There are several methods for making payments and filing forms for state taxes in QuickBooks. Here are definitions to help you understand the different methods.
- E-file and e-pay together: The e-payment and e-filing are created in the same step and sent to the state agency at the same time.
- E-file and e-pay separately: The e-payment and e-filing are two different steps and can be created and sent to the state agency at different times.
- E-file only: You can e-file your form, but can’t use e-pay for tax payments. You can create and print the tax payment to send to the state agency.
- E-pay only: You can e-pay your tax payment, but can’t e-file your form. You can prepare and print the tax form to send to the state agency.
- No e-file/e-pay: You can’t pay taxes or file forms electronically in QuickBooks. You can create and print checks and state tax forms in QuickBooks to mail to the state agencies.
- Create file to upload: You can create a State Unemployment file in QuickBooks and manually upload it to the state agency.
Step 2: Register with your State Agencies
To pay your taxes and file your forms, you’ll need to register with your state withholding and unemployment insurance agencies. In addition to providing you with account numbers, tax rates, deposit frequency, and login credentials for their web sites, the agencies will also give you access to their payment and form sites.
Step 3: Set up Scheduled Payments in QuickBooks
It is possible to set up scheduled payments in QuickBooks even if you cannot use e-payments. Scheduled payments help you keep track of when payroll taxes are due, ensuring that you do not miss a payment.
- Select Employees, select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities, and select Edit Payment Due Dates/Methods.
- Select Schedule payments.
- Select the state tax you want to schedule first, and select Edit.
- From Payment method, select Check or E-pay.
- Enter your state account number.
- Select your Payment Frequency provided to you from the state agency.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each state tax. When finished, select Continue.
- Select the bank account you’ll use to track e-payments in QuickBooks, then select Edit. This should match the bank account you used to register with your state agencies.
- Enter or review the Account number and Routing number, then select Finish.
- For e-payments: review the info to make sure you’re correctly enrolled with the state agencies. You can print the info if needed, then close the Enrollments window.
- When you’re done, select Finish.
Step 4: Set up e-file in QuickBooks
You’ll need to set up e-filing in QuickBooks if you can e-file your payroll tax forms.
- Select Employees, and select Payroll Center.
- From the File Forms tab, under Other Activities, select Manage Filing Methods.
- Select Continue.
- Select the state form you want to e-file, and then select Edit.
- Select e-file, then select Finish.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each state form.
- When you’re done, select Continue, then Finish.
Need Professional Help?
We are among genuine and very reliable sources of information when it comes to QuickBooks, QuickBooks errors & resolutions and any other respective information. Visit our website to get anytime solution and information. Live Chat Support is also there to provide you assistance. You can also contact us through our Toll-Free Number Chat now.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems