QuickBooks is double entry bookkeeping system where something comes in something goes out. Payroll is an expense for the company and there are lot of ways to record this expense in QuickBooks making a general journal entry is one of the ways to record payroll expenses and we can help you on how to record a payroll.
How to record a general Journal Entry?
Steps to make journal entry
- Go to company
- Make general Journal entry
- Bank register would open up.
- Click on one of the lines and choose bank account in first line and enter the amount.
- Bank should be on debit side as money is going out.
- Second account should be payroll expense account and it should be on the credit amount should be same on debit and credit.
- Please make sure you are selecting the correct date for making the transaction and then click on save and close.
- How to fix intuit QuickBooks file sync manager?
- How to Downgrade QuickBooks Company File? – [Guide]
- Change Starting Check Number in QuickBooks
- Set Up & Use of Quickbooks Direct Connect
- Search by Invoice Number in Quickbooks
- How to Categorize Transfers in QuickBooks
- Clear Quickbooks and Start Over
- Quickbooks Runtime Error -91 When Generating Form 900 or 991
- Enter Owner Equity in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Trust Accounting Attorneys