QuickBooks is double entry bookkeeping system where something comes in something goes out. Payroll is an expense for the company and there are lot of ways to record this expense in QuickBooks making a general journal entry is one of the ways to record payroll expenses and we can help you on how to record a payroll.
How to record a general Journal Entry?
Steps to make journal entry
- Go to company
- Make general Journal entry
- Bank register would open up.
- Click on one of the lines and choose bank account in first line and enter the amount.
- Bank should be on debit side as money is going out.
- Second account should be payroll expense account and it should be on the credit amount should be same on debit and credit.
- Please make sure you are selecting the correct date for making the transaction and then click on save and close.
- Enter Credit Card Transactions in Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Send Multiple Invoices in One Email
- QuickBooks Trust Accounting Attorneys
- Delete an Employee in QuickBooks
- Set up a new company file in QuickBooks 2016
- Set Up American Express in QuickBooks
- How to Close the Month in QuickBooks
- How to handle returned checks in QuickBooks online and enterprise 2017
- QuickBooks Employee Expense Reimbursement
- Change Language in Quickbooks