- 1 Sage 50 accounting could not be started
- 2 Error: “Sage 50 accounting could not be started……”
- 3 The causes for this Sage 50 accounting could not be started are:
- 4 Method One: Steps to Fix Sage 50 Accounting Could Not Be Started
- 5 Method Two:
Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Sage 50 is one of the most popular accounting software among small and medium business. It is a business management subscription based software which was formerly known as ‘Peachtree Accounting’. This Sage Group product helps in managing finances, invoices, billing, inventory, etc.
Its is a user-friendly software but under some situations user might come across some technical errors. Error like “Sage 50 accounting could not be started” is one of the most common error where a user will problem in running Sage software. It is similar to Sage 50 error which is Sage 50 Server Busy.
Error: “Sage 50 accounting could not be started……”
It basically occurs in Windows operating system and also when pervasive file is missing from their software. User will receive a message to restart their system.
The causes for this Sage 50 accounting could not be started are:
- Pervasive not installed.
- Damaged Pervasive file in your system.
- Sage 50-U.S. Edition is not installed.
- Pervasive is blocked by UAC
- Problem with configuration of firewall installed in your system.
Method One: Steps to Fix Sage 50 Accounting Could Not Be Started
To Fix the Sage 50 Accounting Could Not Be Started follow the steps provided below:
Total Time: 4 minutes
Verify Sage 50
◼ Verify Sage 50 is installed in Server.
◼ Click on Windows +R
Search for Appwiz.cpl
◼ Type “Appwiz.cpl” in search bar and click OK.
◼ Open Sage 50 Accounting version.
◼ Manually Re-install Pervasive
◼ Click Windows+R.
◼ “Run” dialog box will appear on screen.
◼ In search bar type “Appwiz.cpl” and click OK.
◼ A list of programs will appear.
◼ Search Pervasive in that list.
◼ Select it and click on Uninstall.
◼ Re-install Pervasive again.
- Check compatibility issues in system.
- Start your system.
- Right click on Sage icon and click on properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and “Uncheck” the check box which is present next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Place check mark on check box which is on left side of “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Remove check mark from check box, if UAC is enabled.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Check for Data Path Permissions.
- Start Pervasive service in Related Resources.
- Reinstall software using “Run as Administrator”.
- Give access to installer which is usually located at C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\
- Right click on file Maint.exe and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on “Repair” option when dialog box appears.
- Complete the installation.
What is smbaccountants.com?
Sage is a easy to understand software but under some situations, user come across some technical errors. In those situations those users try to resolve errors by solutions provided by Sage or contact customer care. When a user is unable to get in touch with Sage customer support, they look for other alternative. One such alternative is smbaccountants.com To contact them you will have to call on their toll free technical support phone number ?smbaccountants.com.
- Sage 50 Distribution Accounting Customer Support Phone Number
- Sage 50 Smart Posting Error
- Sage 50 Decline Error Code 14
- Uninstall Sage 50 Accounts Completely
- Sage 50 Does Not Open in Windows 10
- Sage 50 Accounting Software for Mac OS
- Sage 50 serial number and activation key
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2018
- Sage 50 Printer not activated error code -30
- Transfer Sage to Another Computer