- 1 What is Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database & How to Fix It?
- 2 How to Resolve Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database
What is Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database & How to Fix It?
Sage 50 is a business management software which was formerly known as Peachtree Accounting software. It is a user friendly desktop accounting software basically used by small and medium scale industries. It has advanced tools which helps in all your financial and accounting needs.
Sage 50 is one of the most used bookkeeping software but sometimes users can come across some minor errors such as “Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database”. It is quiet similar to Sage 50 Error Server Busy as user is having problem with their server or system. To resolve this error user will have to try the solution mentioned below.
Error: Sage 50 is unable to connect to its database
Connecting to Data base is the error which users generally encounter while they are working on Sage 50 software. When a user faces this error, they cannot open any file.
Users will receive the following message:
This generally happens when a user is trying to open any data file. There are various reasons which are responsible for this error like problem in server computer or ODBC issues, etc.
How to Resolve Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database
To resolve this Sage 50 error, Sage has provided a number solutions. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Solution One: The Data Files Resides in C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\)
- Relocate the .SAJ folder and .SAI file outside of C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\).
- Right click on SAJ folder.
- Click on “Properties” option.
- Uncheck the “Hidden” and “Read-only” checkboxes.
- Go to “Security Tab”.
- Make sure that all Groups or Usernames which are listed have Full Control access rights.
- Click OK.
- Click on SAJ folder and open it.
- Delete the file process .pid
2. Solution Two: Check ODBC Issue
- Check whether ODBC is installed in your system.
- To check, you will have to go to Programs and Features or Add Remove Programs.
- If your system is missing it, then Install ODBC by browsing to C drive (C:\Sage\Sage 50 Accounting <version>\BIN\MySQLODBC\)
- Now run the mysql-connector-odbc-commercial-<version>.exe file in your system.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
- Sage 50 Error loading company file
- Sage 50 2018 U.S. Edition: Features
- Sage 50 Premium 2019 Technical Support
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2018
- Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working
- Sage 50 Cloud Hosting : Benefits & Features
- Sage 50 Server Install
- Sage 50c 2018 : Features
- Sage 50 Quantum 2018 : Features
- Sage 50 Error 1606