Unable to Restore QuickBooks
QuickBooks accounting software offers fast and simple backups to ensure the protection of your data in the event of a hard drive crash, system failure, and theft or computer damage. It is quite uncommon still the users may experience a “failed to restore backup” message, indicating that something is wrong. If you want permanent solutions of this problem, switch to QuickBooks Cloud Hosting.
Reasons behind the Occurrence of the Error
- Company file name contains special characters
- Backup was restored above an existing company file
- Backup was restored from a USB flash drive or pen drive to a network drive
- Backup was produced in QuickBooks 2010 but you are restoring it in QuickBooks 2009
- The main company file is damaged
How to Fix the Error Unable to Restore?
Below are some solutions recommended by Intuit to fix this error:
Solution 1: Delete special characters (/ \ < >! $) from the file name for company file
- Rename the file name
- Choose Rename clicking on rename file
- Enter a new file name without any special character
Solution 2: Avoid overwriting an existing file when you restore your backup
- When choose to restore QuickBooks asks the location to store your file. Choose your preferable location and save it
- If you receive the message that the name already exists and would like to overwrite the file?
- Click No
Modify the name of the file from the existing file.
We are providing round the clock Support for QuickBooks users on phone and we have helped thousands of small businesses over the period of 4 years So call us Toll free Number Chat now
- QuickBooks Church Accounting
- Quickbooks credit card payment how to record them in quickbooks 2015 and 2016
- QFX file to QuickBooks
- QBwin.log: How to locate and use the qbwin.log file
- Quickbooks Communication Error
- QuickBooks VPN
- Quickbooks has stopped working error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- Features of QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018
- QuickBooks Error 6147
- Repair quickbooks installation in windows XP or Vista.