- 1 Warning: Unable to add the item to the list QuickBooks
- 2 Warning Messages Users Get
- 3 How to fix Quickbooks Update Unable to Add Item to List
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 How can I add items to the list of items in QB?
- 4.2 Can I add an item to the invoice in QuickBooks?
- 4.3 How can I add a line item to the new budget?
- 4.4 New VAT Code – “Unable to add item to list” error – QuickBooks
- 4.5 How do I add an item to my QuickBooks Desktop list?
- 4.6 How do I manually update QuickBooks?
Warning: Unable to add the item to the list QuickBooks
QuickBooks users at times are unable to add items to the list when converting from QuickBooks for Mac to QuickBooks for Windows. While they are converting from QuickBooks Mac Desktop to QuickBooks Desktop, this warning message is encountered: Unable to add the item to the list.
The message also follows – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. If you are using the enterprise version, So don’t try anything before consulting with the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Help Desk.
Warning Messages Users Get
Users will receive the following warning messages due to the error, QuickBooks Update unable to add item to list:
- After converting QuickBooks for MAC to QB Windows version Unable to add the item to the List
- QuickBooks is unable to complete ADD Item into List operation and needs to restart. QuickBooks will restart automatically
- Facing Error when adding New Employee Item into List
- QuickBooks Unable to add the item to the list in multi-user mode
- Warning: Unable to add the item to the list when opening a file in R4 of QuickBooks 2013/13.0
How to fix Quickbooks Update Unable to Add Item to List
To resolve the issue locate the items that restrict adding by opening and locating it in the QBWIN.LOG, and remove or repair the item in the QuickBooks for the Mac file. After that create a backup to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file again.
- Search the QBWIN.LOG and open it in notepad
- Scroll towards the bottom and look for errors between beginning verify a log, end verifies log. If search errors are not located between the sections you can seek them in between: end rebuild log, LVL_ERROR – QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down
- Search for LVL_SEVERE_ERROR – list element write failed to abort database transaction and forcing rolling back now. list name:
- “Name of QuickBooks list” item name: “Item that is causing the issue” error msg: A record could not be added to a transaction table. For e.g.:
- LVL_SEVERE_ERROR – list element write failed to abort database transaction and forcing rolling back now.
- list name: Payment Method.
- item name: E-Check. error msg: A record could not be added to a transaction table. error code: -6032
In the QuickBooks for Mac file:
- Go to the lists menu -> Click on the appropriate list to locate the item identified above
- Search the list of elements included in the QBWIN.LOG and repair or delete it. To delete the item: highlight it then click on Edit -> Delete (account, name, item).
- Create a Back Up to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file to QuickBooks Desktop.
If the item is not listed in the QBWIN.LOG:
- Open the company files in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Resort lists.
- Rebuild the company file. File -> Utilities -> Rebuild Data
- Create a Back Up to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file to QuickBooks Desktop
If the error continues when converting, view the QBWIN.LOG file again and find the item that is causing the issue
The QuickBooks experts ProAdvisors provide you with instant resolution so that you can resume your work hassle-free. The Intuit-certified ProAdvisors are approachable via various modes like phone support, email support, live chat, etc. Sometimes due to some valid reasons, you fail to reach the support professionals. In such a scenario, you can contact other reliable agencies.
Also Find : No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update
Need Professional Help?
Alternatively, choose QuickBooks Proadvisor Support Phone for resolving your firewall issue. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How can I add items to the list of items in QB?
Go to the QuickBooks homepage, and open the Company Panel. Then, hit click on the “Item & Services” icon. From the item list dialog box, hit the click on the Item and choose the New option. From the New Item dialog box, choose the “Type of item” option that you are adding. Go to the item number/number field and then write the name of the item and you are all done with this process.
Can I add an item to the invoice in QuickBooks?
Select the List menu and click on the “Item” and follow the displayed commands. Then, go to the item menu and click on the “Item” option which is given in the bottom left corner of the Item list window. Select the “New Command” option and then utilize the boxes for the new item to describe the item details that you are required to add.
How can I add a line item to the new budget?
Open the company menu and then choose the “Planning & Budgeting” option. Now you have to select the Budget you created by hitting the click on the “Budget drop-down arrow” option. Hit the click on the “Field” where you need to enter the budget amount and you are all done with this process.
New VAT Code – “Unable to add item to list” error – QuickBooks
New VAT Code – “Unable to add item to list” error
1. Click on File from the menu bar.
2. Hover your mouse on Utilities, choose Verify Data.
3. If it says QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, click on OK. But if there is an issue detected, choose whether to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
How do I add an item to my QuickBooks Desktop list?
Create an item
Go to Lists, then select Item List (for Windows) or Items (for Mac).
Select Item then New (for Windows) or plus + (for Mac), then select New Item.
Select the type of item you want to create.
Fill out the item fields.
Use Custom Fields to add your own customized fields.
How do I manually update QuickBooks?
Go to Help and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Select Update Now, then select Get Updates.
When the update finishes, close and reopen QuickBooks.
When asked to install the update, select Yes.
When the install finishes, restart your computer.