Warning: Unable to add item to list QuickBooks
QuickBooks users at times are unable to add item to list when converting from QuickBooks for Mac to QuickBooks for Window. While they are converting from QuickBooks Mac Desktop to QuickBooks Desktop, this warning message is encountered: Unable to add item to list.
The message also follows – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. If you are using enterprise version , So don’t try anything before consulting with QuickBooks Enterprise Support Help Desk .
Warning Messages Users Get
- After converting QuickBooks for MAC to QB Windows version Unable to add item to List
- QuickBooks is unable to complete ADD Item into List operation and needs to restart. QuickBooks will restart automatically
- Facing Error when adding New Employee Item into List
- QuickBooks Unable to add item to list in multi-user mode
- Warning: Unable to add item to list when opening a file in R4 of QuickBooks 2013/13.0
How to fix QuickBooks ADD ITEM Problem
To resolve the issue locate the items that restricts adding by opening and locating it in the QBWIN.LOG, remove or repair the item in the QuickBooks for the Mac file. After that create a back up to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file again.
- Search the QBWIN.LOG and open it in notepad
- Scroll towards the bottom and look for errors between: begin verify log, end verify log. If search errors are not located between the sections you can seek them in between: end rebuild log, LVL_ERROR – QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down
- Search for LVL_SEVERE_ERROR – edlist element write failed aborting database transaction and forcing rolling back now. edlist name:
- “Name of QuickBooks list” item name:”Item that is causing the issue” error msg: A record could not be added to a transaction table. For e.g.:
- LVL_SEVERE_ERROR – edlist element write failed aborting database transaction and forcing rolling back now.
- edlist name: Payment Method.
- item name: E-Check. error msg: A record could not be added to a transaction table. error code: -6032
In the QuickBooks for Mac file:
- Go to lists menu -> Click on the appropriate list to locate the item identified above
- Search the list of element included in the QBWIN.LOG and repair or delete it. To delete the item: highlight it then click on Edit -> Delete (account, name, item).
- Create a Back Up to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file to QuickBooks Desktop.
If the item is not listed in the QBWIN.LOG:
- Open the company files in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Resort lists.
- Rebuild the company file. File -> Utilities -> Rebuild Data
- Create a Back Up to QuickBooks Desktop and convert the file to QuickBooks Desktop
If error continues when converting, view the QBWIN.LOG file again and find the item that is causing the issue
The QuickBooks experts ProAdvisors provide you instant resolution so that you can resume your work hassle free. The Intuit certified ProAdvisors are approachable via various modes like phone support, email support, live chat etc. Sometimes due to some valid reasons you fail to reach the support professionals. In such scenario you can contact other reliable agencies.
Also Find : No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update
Need Professional Help?
Alternatively choose QuickBooks Proadvisor Support Phone for resolving your firewall issue. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time.
Get The Instant Solutions with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
How can I add items to the list of items in QB?
Go to the QuickBooks homepage, open the Company Panel. Then, hit the click on the “Item & Services” icon. From the item list dialog box, hit the click on the Item and choose the New option. From the New Item dialog box, choose the “Type of item” option that you are adding. Go to the item number/number field and then write the name of the item and you are all done with this process.
Can I add an item to the invoice in QuickBooks?
Select the List menu and click on the “Item” and follow the displayed commands. Then, go to the item menu and click on the “Item” option which is given in the bottom left corner of the Item list window. Select the “New Command” option and then utilize the boxes for the new item to describe the item details that you are required to add.
How can I add a line item to the new budget?
Open the company menu and then choose the “Planning & Budgeting” option. Now you have to select the Budget you created by hitting the click on the “Budget drop-down arrow” option. Hit the click on the “Field” where you need to enter the budget amount and you are all done with this process.
- QuickBooks Windows Error ‘The File Exists’
- Unable to Condense QuickBooks File and Update error
- Windows 10 Error 12007 on QuickBooks
- Fixing QuickBooks 6000 Errors
- QuickBooks Update Error 15225
- QuickBooks Payroll Banking Error
- How to Fix Unable To Sync License QuickBooks
- Thunking Spooler apis from 32 to 64 Process Has Stopped In QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error 12002, 12029 & 12031
- Start a new company in quickbooks. "Something has gone wrong"