What is “Cannot Open QuickBooks company file” Error & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks small business accounting software when implemented to the business it shows significant turnover by managing the accounting tasks flawlessly in minimum time saving money and effort. Like all the software QuickBooks is prone to errors.
There are situations when QuickBooks restricts the user to approach the company file. If you are using Qb Enterprise Single/ Multi user environment, you have to contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number for authentic solutions.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of this error. While attempting to open the company file in the point of sale software.
You might face the following error messages:
- Failed to open company
- Error: Unable to connect to your company data file
- Login to company file failed
- Connection is broken
Reasons for The Occurrence of Failed to Open Company File
- POS has been installed as a client workstation instead of a server
- POS software attempts to reconnect to the company data file
- The POS database service manager fails to run and is unable to login your file
- Connection lost to the company file
- Company file damaged
- Company file was converted to a higher version of Point of Sale using a Windows XP SP2 OS
How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Unable to Open Company File
Intuit has recommended several solutions to fix this issue. Follow the sequence of the solutions for better results. Before resolving reboot your computer system and log in as Windows administrator.
Solution 1: Allow Point of Sale to interact with the desktop
Solution 2: Create a test company file and then try again
Solution 3: Restore a backup
Solution 4: Rename the Company File
There are instances when the QB users encounter a series of -6000 errors and are unable to open the file.
The different -6000 series errors are as follows:
- Error -6000, -107 – This normally happens if the .TLG file is corrupted
- Error -6000, -1076 – This error occurs if QuickBooks installation is corrupted
- Error -6010, -100 – This error occurs when a computer that is not the server is hosting the company file
- Error -6012, -1061 – This normally happens if you have incorrect network setup
- Error 6129, -101 – This error happens if you have incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly
- Error -6190, 816 or -6190, -85 – This error normally occurs when another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode. It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw).
How to Fix the Error QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Company File
Ensure QuickBooks is up to date. It is also recommended to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool first before performing any of the following steps. The -6000 errors can happen on both local and network setup.
Select the appropriate setup from the following options and perform the steps.
Solution 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
Solution 2: Open a sample company files
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks file on the desktop
Solution 4: Use ADR to restore your backup
Need Professional Help?
Choose SMB Accountants for resolving your QuickBooks issue in the first phone call itself. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time. Contact us dialing our toll free help desk number Chat now.
- Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104
- QuickBooks 2010 Not Responding
- QuickBooks Search Not Working
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
- Quickbooks Update Error 1603
- Why is Journal Entry Not Showing in Sales in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Error 6073