- 1 What is “Cannot Open QuickBooks company file” Error & How to Fix It?
- 2 Reasons for The Occurrence of Failed to Open Company File
- 3 How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Unable to Open Company File
- 4 How to Fix the Error QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Company File
- 5 FAQ
What is “Cannot Open QuickBooks company file” Error & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks small business accounting software when implemented to the business it shows significant turnover by managing the accounting tasks flawlessly in minimum time saving money and effort. Like all the software QuickBooks is prone to errors.
There are situations when QuickBooks restricts the user to approach the company file. If you are using Qb Enterprise Single/ Multi user environment, you have to contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number for authentic solutions.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of this error. While attempting to open the company file in the point of sale software.
You might face the following error messages:
- Failed to open company
- Error: Unable to connect to your company data file
- Login to company file failed
- Connection is broken
Reasons for The Occurrence of Failed to Open Company File
- POS has been installed as a client workstation instead of a server
- POS software attempts to reconnect to the company data file
- The POS database service manager fails to run and is unable to login your file
- Connection lost to the company file
- Company file damaged
- Company file was converted to a higher version of Point of Sale using a Windows XP SP2 OS
How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Unable to Open Company File
Intuit has recommended several solutions to fix this issue. Follow the sequence of the solutions for better results. Before resolving reboot your computer system and log in as Windows administrator.
- Solution 1: Allow Point of Sale to interact with the desktop
- Solution 2: Create a test company file and then try again
- Solution 3: Restore a backup
- Solution 4: Rename the Company File
There are instances when the QB users encounter a series of -6000 errors and are unable to open the file.
The different -6000 series errors are as follows:
- Error -6000, -107 – This normally happens if the .TLG file is corrupted
- Error -6000, -1076 – This error occurs if QuickBooks installation is corrupted
- Error -6010, -100 – This error occurs when a computer that is not the server is hosting the company file
- Error -6012, -1061 – This normally happens if you have incorrect network setup
- Error 6129, -101 – This error happens if you have incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly
- Error -6190, 816 or -6190, -85 – This error normally occurs when another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode. It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw).
How to Fix the Error QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Company File
Ensure QuickBooks is up to date. It is also recommended to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool first before performing any of the following steps. The -6000 errors can happen on both local and network setup.
Select the appropriate setup from the following options and perform the steps.
- Solution 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Solution 2: Open a sample company files
- Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks file on the desktop
- Solution 4: Use ADR to restore your backup
Need Professional Help?
Choose SMB Accountants for resolving your QuickBooks issue in the first phone call itself. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time. Contact us dialing our toll free help desk number Chat now.
What to do if a QuickBooks Error unable to open a company file appears?
Update your QuickBooks and then try to open the file again. If you are still unable to figure out this issue, turn off the hosting on all workstations. Move to the Company file and then turn off the Save button. Now, you need to change the name of the TLG and ND files for the company files.
Why can’t QuickBooks open the company files?
A corrupted or damaged file blocks you to view the company files. If you are using the multi-user network, there is a chance that the same file will be open on another system then the problem will create. The other strong reason is to use the wrong method to open the company file.
How would I fix QuickBooks unable to fix the error issue?
You can fix this error by utilizing the Rebuild Data Tool. Open the file menu and click on the “Utilities” option. Now, you have to choose the rebuild data. Go to your QuickBooks information window and click on the OK button. After this, the tool starts running to fix your corrupted file. Wait until the program is not finished and you are resolved.
- QuickBooks Log Error 4
- QuickBooks error 11949 DBISAM engine SQL Parsing Error
- How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
- QuickBooks Error Code 6130
- Quickbooks Bank account error 102: How to correct this error in Quickbooks desktop
- How to fix error code 324 or 106 on QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks Error 6073
- Quickbooks Error QBWC1039
- Quickbooks Update Error 1603
- Error 1911. What it means in quickbooks pro and quickbooks online?