Are you willing to upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016 version?
If you don’t keep your software up to date, you may have to face many technical glitches. Therefore, it is necessary to stay updated with the most recent version of QuickBooks. Every year, Intuit launches a variety of unpredictable innovations, enhancing tools, and modified features for its users so it is highly recommended you upgrade QuickBooks 2016 as per your requirements. Doing so will not only save your precious time but also help you to stay organized. In this blog, we will guide you on how to upgrade your older QB version with the latest 2016 version. There are many benefits are considered while upgrading QuickBooks 2009 to 2016 version that can boost the productivity level of your business. It is also found that getting your software updated with new features is the best approach to take your business to the next level.
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 Why is it needed to upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016 version?
- 2 Things to consider while upgrading QuickBooks 2009 to 2016
- 3 Let’s figure out what new and different you will get in QuickBooks 2016 version?
- 4 Incorporation of Accountant tools for you!
- 5 Some superfine improvements for Mac users
- 6 System Requirements for QuickBooks 2016
- 7 Is it being complicated for you to upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016?
- 8 FAQ
Why is it needed to upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016 version?
As an integral part of QuickBooks, you need to upgrade your software time-to-time because you won’t be able to run your software for very long if you don’t make it your habit. This process keeps your software prevalent and provides various editions to expand your business widely. In simple words, this version was specially designed to grow the efficiency of small and mid-sized businesses. Many more problems and errors will surely stay away from you if you keep it upgraded on time. Hence, regular upgrades also help you to get rid of upcoming bugs and fix several technical issues. So stay tuned with this write-up to explore all the significant terms and facts related to this new QB version.
Things to consider while upgrading QuickBooks 2009 to 2016
- Make sure that your current system meets the requirements to support the 2016 version of QuickBooks.
- Choose the best upgrade option for you after checking carefully.
- It is needed to install QuickBooks 2016 version and convert your company file in order to balance everything together with your new product.
Let’s figure out what new and different you will get in QuickBooks 2016 version?
QuickBooks 2016 version brings out to be the powerful and flexible weapon of your business enhancements. Acutely resolving all the issues and serving regular users at any time is marked as a main reason behind the great success of QuickBooks. This accounting software is packed with improved and cutting-edge features that can surely benefit you and your business.
- Bill Tracker: Just like the Income Tracker, this new feature gives you an instant view of money-out transactions. Here you can clearly see all the outstanding bills, item receipts, and purchase orders in one place. From now you no longer need to gather multiple reports in your system.
- Payments Screen Search Options: Now you can easily find the transaction on your screen without having to scroll down the pages of such transactions.
- Fiscal year to last Month report filter: Here you can check out all the available and prior versions of QuickBooks. Also, you will be able to generate a “This Year to Last Month” report.
- Bulk Clear Send forms: This is a helpful feature for those users who want to remove multiple documents together. Here you just need to select the particular document from the send queue and then click on the Remove button.
- Feed Label Printer Support: Now you can print on single-roll continuous labels along with label sheets.
- Auto Copy Ship to Address: There is no longer a need to manually input the address from your sales order if you create a purchase order from a sales order or estimate. Simply open a box to copy the ship-to address and after that QuickBooks will take care of it for you.
- Streamlined Upgrade Experience: If you wish to upgrade an existing file, the process creates a backup file using a new simpler dialog.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: If you have access to Microsoft Office 2013 then QuickBooks 2016 installation program patches your computer so that it will work with QuickBooks Statement Writer.
Incorporation of Accountant tools for you!
QuickBooks 2016 program gives you access to use several tools that were previously available only to accountants. In this new modification, users have an opportunity to utilize these tools including writing off invoices as bad debt; using prior account balances to locate account discrepancies; managing lists more actively with the help of review list changes function of QuickBooks, and more easily segmenting books by time and year with period copy reporting capabilities.
Some superfine improvements for Mac users
There is nothing incorrect to say that QuickBooks 2016 version performs much better and runs faster than all the prior versions. This new feature has an ability to resize the columns on forms such as invoices or payments and caliber to print directly onto envelopes rather than just on labels. As well as, it also saves your valuable hours for other tasks by filling out your timesheets nicely.
System Requirements for QuickBooks 2016
Here, some comprehensive information is manifesting about hardware, software, operating system, and other minimum requirements that are needed to get smooth access to the QuickBooks 2016 version.
1. Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows 7, all editions including 4-bit, natively installed.
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2), including 64-bit, natively installed.
2. Database Servers
- Windows: Natively installed and Windows 8,7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, 2008 R2, Windows 2008, and Windows Server 2008.
- Terminal Server Configuration: Windows Server 2003 (SP2) and Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Linux (when using QBES Database Server- only installation): OpenSuse 13.1, Fedora 20, Red Hat 6.5
Note: Natively Installed means it is installed on a particular system or environment that it is truly designed for and it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
3. Hardware and Operating System Requirements (both client and server)
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 4 GB RAM minimum, 8GB RAM
- Recommended Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users: 20+GB RAM
- 4 X CD-ROM drive required for CD-ROM drive is required for CD installations
- Display optimized for 1024 X 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Best Optimized for Default DPI setting (96 DPI or 100%). Additionally, medium DPI (120 DPI or 110%) is supported to ensure an optimal experience for 110% scaling.
- High Internet access is a must.
- U.S. version
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard settings to U.S. only.
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User Access.
- Natively Installed.
- Disk Space Requirements:
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space needed for data files)
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings.
- Require minimum 2.0 GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData +” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
4. Software Compatibility
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications altogether. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the value of these features.
- MS Office 2010, Office 2013, and Office 365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit.
Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007 (32 bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If sync is performed duplicate records could result.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0, V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business planner functionality and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll or other online features and services require Internet access with at least 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2016 and 2014 (Personal and Business).
- Lacerte 2016 and 2014.
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2014
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
5. QuickBooks 2016 Firewall and Antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2016 and Enterprise 16.0 have been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender
Note: Basically, QuickBooks works with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but it’s not suggested because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
Is it being complicated for you to upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016?
Check out these below-listed steps one by one if you are willing to get the most recent version of QuickBooks without any interruption.
- Firstly, you have to download QuickBooks 2020 version to upgrade your old version.
- Once you are done with this step, install the 2020 version as well.
- Follow the steps that appeared on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now activate it if the installation has finished.
- Make necessary changes to the file after preparing QuickBooks for the update.
- Desktop backup is required if the file is on the cloud.
- As soon as you are ready to upgrade, you can refer to this backup.
- Once you upgrade the file, you can replace your old files with it in the same folder.
- It is important to upgrade the company file as well.
Some other major steps to update a company file:
- Make sure that no one else is currently using this account especially if it’s a multi-user account.
- Switch to the File menu if you are doubly sure about everything.
- Under the File menu, click Open and Restore the company by hitting on this bar.
- From the drop-down menu open a company file or click Restore the backup copy.
- Now hit the Next button.
- In the list, choose your company file and then hit the Open option.
- Sign in as the Administrator to update the company data file.
- Select the option Update Now that is already displayed in your account.
- Without any consideration, implement the steps visible on your screen to update QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020.
- If the software has successfully upgraded then press the ‘Done’ button in the end.
QuickBooks 2016 is a renowned accounting program that has introduced many tools to improvise the overall growth of your business. So, if you have a dream to enjoy the new features program of QuickBooks 2016, quickly go forward to download this advanced version on your system. Most of us take our steps back when it comes to handling a lot of stuff simultaneously but by executing the above-suggested steps, you can easily get over all the mess within no time. If in case, you are finding yourself alone and need some advice or guidance, feel free to keep in touch with our experts via Live Chat to get an instant and straightaway solution to your query or concern.
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Is it possible to upgrade QuickBooks for free?
QuickBooks is popular as accounting software that meets the requirements of small to mid-sized businesses. This software has amazing features but like other software, it also asks for upgradation so that every single user can avail of its all benefits. Here, users can get the latest version of this software in their system with the help of the Free QuickBooks Upgrade feature. But, you can only upgrade your software if you have launched the latest series within 60 days when you have obtained QuickBooks. Along with this, you can also get a free upgrade if you register for QuickBooks within 60 days of the launching period of the most recent version.
Should I need to update QuickBooks every year?
You don’t have to immediately upgrade to an annual subscription if you have a one-time license for an older version of QuickBooks. Your current version of QuickBooks will be supported for three years after its release. For instance, if you purchase QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016, this product will be supported until 2019.
Is there a way to have multiple companies in one QuickBooks desktop?
If you are willing to add multiple companies altogether, it is required to have a separate company file in order to record all the taxes correctly. You just need to choose the industry of your business.
Let’s have a glance at the steps listed below.
💠 Go to the Reports menu and select Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
💠 Click Add Files and choose the other company file, then hit Open. Repeat the process for additional files.
💠 Choose the reports that you want to combine.
💠 After that, you need to adjust the date range of the report.
💠 In the end, hit on the Combine Reports in Excel to open an Excel spreadsheet with the combined information.
Can QuickBooks desktop be accessed remotely?
To access your QuickBooks Desktop product and data file stored at a different location, you just need a hosting service. You can easily store your QuickBooks product and data file on a service provider’s server. This allows you to use your QuickBooks securely, anytime, and anywhere. As long as you have access to high-speed internet, you can use a remote desktop connection without any interruption.
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
- QuickBooks Upgrade 2016 to 2017
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2021
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2020
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2020 to 2022
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2021
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2009 to 2016