We know that upgrading takes time and effort, but we also feel that the benefits of keeping your accounting software up to date exceed the risks of not upgrading to the most recent version of QuickBooks. Many new productivity-enhancing tools have been added to QuickBooks 2016 to help you save time and stay organized. Who knows, you might learn of a new QuickBooks feature that will benefit you and your company. Apart from that, there are many important factors to consider when determining if the upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 is right for your business. This article help you out with all important facts and walk you through the upgrade process as quickly and painlessly as possible. Let’s proceed.
- 1 Why should you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016?
- 2 Things to be noted before you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016
- 3 How to upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 with ease?
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 Why did Intuit discontinue QuickBooks Desktop 2013 version?
- 4.2 What are the errors we encounter while upgrading QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 version?
- 4.3 Why backing up QuickBooks company files is important before you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 and how do you perform the same?
- 4.4 What are the Other question comes up during the up-gradation of Quickbooks 201 3 to 2016
Why should you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016?
The upgrade is a necessary step for all QB users. Once the upgrade is available, make it a habit to upgrade on a regular basis. This keeps your software current and gives you access to new and better features and benefits. The improved software also assists in the expansion of your company. If you upgrade on time, you’ll have fewer problems and errors. In simple terms, regular upgrades also help to avoid upcoming bugs and fix many technical glitches or errors.
Things to be noted before you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016
- Make certain your current system meets the requirements to support the 2016 version of QuickBooks
- Determine which upgrade option is right for you
- Install QuickBooks 2016 version and convert your company file so that everything works together with your new product.
How to upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 with ease?
Simply upgrading the 2013 version to 2016 of QuickBooks will not solve the purpose. Your QuickBooks company file also needs to be upgraded, as you would want to work with your previous data as well. QB stores all accounting data in the company file. The steps involved in upgrading 2013 to 2016 versions:
Step 1: Install the QuickBooks 2016 version
- To begin, you must log in as an Admin user to your Windows computer
- Next, go to the official Intuit website and download the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, follow the instructions on your install wizards to complete the installation.
After you’ve successfully installed QuickBooks, you’ll need to upgrade your company file as well. To do so, you must first prepare your company file. Here’s how to do it:
Step 2: Prepare your company file
- To begin, go to your QuickBooks current version and open it
- Then, open the company files you’d like to upgrade
- By pressing the F2 key on your keyboard, you may now open the product’s information window
- Look for the “File Information” section in the menu
- Make a note of where your company’s file is saved
- Then, download and run the QuickBooks company file Rebuild Tool (This prepares it for the upgrade).
Step 3: Upgrade your company file
QuickBooks now prompts you to upgrade your company file when you first open it in the 2016 version. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to view your company file in your original QuickBooks version after you upgrade it.
- To begin, be sure that no one else has access to your company information
- This means that all users of your company file must log out
- After that, launch the upgraded QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version
- If you don’t have a company file open, select Open or Restore Company
- After that, go to the File menu and choose the option to “Open or Restore Company”
- Select “Open a company file” from the drop-down menu and then “Next”
- If you have a QBB (QuickBooks backup company file) instead of a QBW (QuickBooks company file)
- Then choose either Restore a backup copy or Back up your data locally
- Look for your company file on the computer
- Make a note of the company file’s location
- Select the same option as before, but this time select the open option
- Now, log in as an Admin user to your company file
- Before you upgrade, QuickBooks creates an automatic backup of your existing company file
- To save your backup in a specified folder, select the “Change this default location” option
- After that, click “Upgrade Now” to begin the company file upgrade procedure
- Once the QuickBooks Company file upgrade is complete, click the “Done” button.
You can now open your current company file in the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop. If you keep your company files on a server, you can now return them.
However, upgrading QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 can take a little bit of time and effort, but it is an important step to ensuring your accounting software has advanced features and tools. This will allow you to properly manage and track your business expenses using more enhanced functionality. Moreover, the above article explains the steps to upgrade your software easily without any hassle.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Why did Intuit discontinue QuickBooks Desktop 2013 version?
The discontinuation of Services and Support for QuickBooks 2013 Desktop comes as part of Intuit’s “sunset” policy. In an effort to stay on top of ever changing technology, Intuit retires, or “sunsets” certain products and services when they reach a certain age. Intuit’s current policy is to continue Services and Support for the most current version of QuickBooks and its two previous versions.
What are the errors we encounter while upgrading QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 version?
Here is a list of error that users usually encountered during the upgrade process of QuickBooks:
💠 QuickBooks 1935: When installing QB Desktop
💠 QuickBooks Error Code 6094: When trying to access QuickBooks company file.
💠 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118: When you activate or open QB Desktop.
💠 QuickBooks Error 15215: When trying to download payroll updates “Unable to verify digital signature”, and others.
Why backing up QuickBooks company files is important before you upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016 and how do you perform the same?
You must think of creating a backup as a save point for your accounting data because if something went wrong during the upgrade process, you can easily restore your data. Backup company files save everything currently in your company file. This includes your accounting data, templates, letters, logos, images, and related files (QuickBooks Statement Writer, Cash Flow Projector, Business Planner, and Loan Manager). Here’ how:
💠 Start with switching to single-user mode in QuickBooks by going to the File menu and selecting it
💠 Go to the File menu and select Backup Company from the drop-down menu
💠 Then select Create Local Backup from the drop-down menu
💠 Select Local Backup and then Next in the window that appears
💠 Select Browse in the Local Backup Only option to save your backup company file
💠 Choose how many backups you wish to store (This is completely optional)
💠 Before you save, this conducts a test to ensure your backup file is in good shape
💠 When you’re finished, click Ok
💠 Select Now is the time to save it followed by pressing the Next tab.
QuickBooks saves a backup of your company to a single file. You’ll get a confirmation message once it’s finished.
What are the Other question comes up during the up-gradation of Quickbooks 201 3 to 2016
💠 update quickbooks 2013 to qb 2016 and all my invoices disappeared
💠 can i copy an item from quickbooks 2013 to use in 2016
💠 how to enable payroll in quickbooks 2013 year 2016
💠 how much does it cost to upgrade from quickbooks 2013 to 2016 for mac?
💠 how to upgrade quickbooks 2013 to 2016 with a license number?
💠 upgrading quickbooks premier- contractor edition 2013 to 2016?
💠 can you upgrade to quickbooks 2016 from quickbooks 2013
💠 if you have quickbooks 2013 can you update or upgrade to 2016?
💠 can quickbooks pro 2013 talk to quickbooks pro 2016
💠 how to migrate quickbooks 2013 information to quickbooks 2016
💠 export report to 2013 excel from quickbooks 2016
💠 will my quickbook accountant 2013 file convert to quickbooks professional services 2016
💠 issues upgrading from quickbooks 2013 to 2016
💠 using 2013 quickbooks portable file to quickbooks 2016
💠 when i try to download quickbooks pro 2016 it sends me to 2013
💠 i upgraded to quickbooks 2016 and now 2013 files are gone
💠 how do i upgrade from quickbooks 2013 to 2016 for mac?
💠 upgraded quickbooks from 2013 to 2016 now i am getting h202 error
💠 how to upgrade quickbooks 2013 to 2016 step by step
💠 update bank transactions from quickbooks 2013 to quickbooks 2016
💠 update quickbooks 2013 to qbo 2016 and all my invoices disappered