Are you fed up with your older version and want to upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022?
QuickBooks is widely trusted used accounting software for different industries. The previous version of QuickBooks 2021 has been designed with the hope of getting more enhancements in the upcoming products. There are most of the users who are experiencing the lack of advanced features or tools, especially for business enhancements and if you are one of them then you’ve landed on the right page. It is found that Intuit has launched a new release every year to fulfill all the missing requirements of its users.
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 is the latest release which is a subscription-based model containing many new additional features and benefits. This upgraded software introduces tons of improved features to help automate and streamline your daily accounting operations as it combines the basic and models together. Such as QuickBooks Pro with QuickBooks Pro Plus, QuickBooks Premier with QuickBooks Premier Plus, and QuickBooks Mac with QuickBooks Mac Plus.
Hence, it gives you a compelling reason to switch to this subscription-based model. In this blog, we will direct you on how to upgrade the older QB version with the most recent 2022 version. So stay tuned with this write-up to explore all the important terms and facts related to this new QB version.
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022”
Headache🥺. Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated which version will be best suited according to your need. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2022 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022.
- 1 Why is it recommended for you to Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022 version?
- 2 Let’s explore what new and different you will get in the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
- 3 System Requirements for QuickBooks 2022
- 4 Things to be considered while upgrading QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
- 5 Is it being complicated for you to upgrade from 2016 to 2022?
- 6 FAQ
- 6.1 How can you check which version of QuickBooks you are using currently and the latest update of QuickBooks desktop 2022 is required or not?
- 6.2 Is it possible to synchronize QuickBooks Online with the QuickBooks Desktop version?
- 6.3 What is the process to export data from QuickBooks Desktop?
- 6.4 What are the steps to create a backup of the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
Why is it recommended for you to Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022 version?
Every version of QuickBooks desktop comes with a slew of useful tools and as a sensible user; it’s your duty to upgrade your software time-to-time. This process not only keeps your software prevalent but also provides you with various editions to expand your business widely. Unlike it, if you fail to complete a QuickBooks downloading process successfully then you may have to be deprived of its updated layouts and other upcoming features. In this case, regular upgrades work as a blessing in disguise, especially for the users who don’t know how to avoid unwanted bugs and fix several technical glitches.
So let’s go forward to gather more information about it.
- There are some users who still using outdated versions of QuickBooks which is a significant disadvantage of their time and money and if you are also stuck with the older versions of QuickBooks like 2019, 2020, 2021, immediately switch to this new edition.
- With the new 2022 launch, a variety of transitions like Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Mac Plus Subscriptions have been brought out to deliver greater value and more impactful features for you and your clients. This transition also encourages your clients to be on the most recent version so that no hindrance can block the way of your business advancements. Have a look at some extra perks provided to you to magnify the worth of your company.
Pro Plus and Premier Plus Subscriptions
The Subscription edition 2022 offers many ways to grow the efficiency of your business such as;
- Access to the latest version which includes the most up-to-date features, security patches, and support for third-party operating system updates.
- QuickBooks computational power is up to 38% faster and more dependable (64-bit).
- Unlimited customer assistance and data recovery are incorporated at no extra cost.
- Features that surely help you to save your precious time and money.
- With the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app, you will be able to increase your productivity level.
Mac Plus Subscription
This Subscription version 2022 is a pack of several amazing and modified features including;
- Access to the latest version which includes the most up-to-date features, security patches, and support for third-party operating system updates.
- The customer support system and data recovery are comprised at no additional cost.
- Premium subscription features include the ability to create and categorize receipt expense transactions automatically.
Let’s explore what new and different you will get in the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
In this latest release of QuickBooks 2022, you get introduced to a variety of features that will assist you in growing your business conveniently in a faster and easier manner. Smartly resolving all the issues and serving regular users at any time is marked as the main reason behind the great success of QuickBooks.
This accounting software is a pack of improved and cutting-edge features that are jotted below.
- 64-bit Advanced Processing Power: With the help of QuickBooks Desktop 2022, users are able to use the full capability of 64-bit processors. Now you can easily complete your accounting tasks in a more authentic and supersonic way.
- Instant Deposit: It doesn’t matter your customers pay you on holidays, late nights, or weekends, you will receive your payment instantly. Once you get paid by your customers, the amount got transferred to your deposits.
- Pay and Schedule Bills Faster: Now you’re no longer need to put extra effort as it is easy to schedule and pay bills using a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer within your QuickBooks 2022 software. Along with this, vendors can also get their money through physical checks or bank transfers.
- Choose From Multiple Customer Contacts: This feature proves helpful when it comes to adding multiple customer contacts to your batch emails. You can reduce miscommunication from the manual entry to email addresses. Moreover, you have an option to send emails more quickly by selecting the right recipients from a list of customer or vendor contacts.
- E-Commerce for QuickBooks with Webgility: It helps you to simplify the management of e-commerce and gives you a clearer picture of the profits that you can get using it. You can track your revenue by using different selling platforms like QuickBooks, Shopify, Amazon, or eBay and sync directly in QuickBooks.
- Payment Links: Now it is easy to send payment links and get paid for the items that won’t require any invoices. So, collect payments using links to make the process faster, user-oriented, and brisk.
- Bill Entry Automation and Customized Bill Payment Stubs: Sending bills by using an email address or using QuickBooks Desktop mobile app has been easier just because of this new feature. You can easily save your precious hours and use QuickBooks to automate bill entries. Later, import and review it. Besides it, the bill payment stubs are added to the list of QuickBooks forms that are totally customizable.
- Upload Documents: Through the QuickBooks Desktop mobile application, you can attach the documents by uploading them directly in the transactions.
- Bill Approval Process: Managing the cash flow is the major benefit of using QuickBooks desktop. It helps in increasing the transparency with the customizable approval workflows for bills. It makes your handling of Accounts payable accurate and facile.
System Requirements for QuickBooks 2022
Here, you can get detailed information about hardware, software, operating system, and other minimum requirements needed to get smooth access to the QuickBooks 2022 version.
It is necessary to fulfill all the requirements before you start using the software.
- Supported Operated Systems:
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Database Servers
- Windows Servers
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Essentials
- Linux Servers (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
- Fedora 31, 32
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2
- Browser Requirements
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) with high-speed internet access.
- Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Processor: Minimum 2.4 GHz required
- RAM: 8 GB for 64-bit and recommended is 16 GB
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
- Disk Space Requirements:
- 2.5 GB disk space is required
- Additional software- 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime that is provided with the installation files
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings-
- Require minimum 4.0 GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData +” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive (SSD).
- Installed natively and no need to run in the emulation software or virtual environment.
- It supports regional settings when you set it to English
- Windows of North American version
- Administrator rights are required for the Server system when hosting Multi-user access.
- Optical Drive: A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations
- Screen Resolution:
- 1280 X 1024 screen resolution is needed or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Best optimized for the Default DPI setting for a given computer.
- Other Hardware Devices:
- If you use the Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile, here are the supported devices you can use:-
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- Recommended is Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- The software also supports:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHS 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
- Software Compatibility:
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019
- Office 2016
- Office 2013
- Office 365 including Outlook 2013, 2016 on both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Note: Microsoft Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- In Microsoft Outlook the contact synchronization requires version 2013, 2016, or 2019 (32-bit).
- Email invoices, estimates, and other forms with Microsoft 2016 to 2019
- Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, and other email clients that support SMTP
- For exporting reports, the required version of MS Excel is Office 365 (includes 64-bit), 2013, 2016, 2019
- The letters can be prepared using Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, 2019, or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Another Software Compatibility:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0 and V18.0
- Internet Explorer 11
- Pro-Series tax year 2021
- Lacerte 2021
- Turbo Tax 2021
- Gmail, Windows Mail, Yahoo Email, Hotmail, and AOL (i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Payroll and other services and features that require internet access with at least a 56Kbps connection speed but recommended is 1 Mbps.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Payroll, Business planner, and viewing forms that require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later version.
- Antimalware and Antivirus Software Compatibility:
- Antivirus Software
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
- Antimalware Software
- Zone Alarm
Things to be considered while upgrading QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
- Don’t forget to make a file backup of the current version before starting to upgrade the company file and also ensure that your data is safe in the event of a technical problem.
- It is advised you make a backup of the version you are using currently.
- Later, follow the steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to the latest 2022 version.
Is it being complicated for you to upgrade from 2016 to 2022?
If you really don’t know how to manage several technical issues altogether, carefully check out the steps suggested below.
- Manual Updates
- Properly close the QuickBooks if it is opened.
- Move forward and press the Windows Start menu button.
- Now look for the QuickBooks Software.
- Then right-click on it and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Hit on the Help menu option.
- After that, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- To open it, click on the tab Options in the open-up window.
- Once you are done with the above step, tick-mark the option Mark All.
- Later, press the Save button to save all the changes.
- Hit on the tab named Update now.
- Then you need to tick-mark the box Reset Update.
- When all set perfectly, hit on Get updates to start downloading the updated version.
- It’s time to reopen the QuickBooks software.
- Whenever it asks you to install the downloaded updates, click on Yes to agree for installation.
- As soon as you’ve completed the installation, quickly restart your system.
- Set Automatic Updates
- To begin, open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to the Help menu option in your software.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the further options.
- Then navigate to the Update Now tab.
- Hit the Reset Update box if you are willing to clear all your previous updates.
- In the tab Update now, press the Get Updates button for downloading the update.
- Once you’ve downloaded the update, close and then restart your QuickBooks software.
- After restarting it, you get a pop-up box asking for the installation of a new release then you need to hit on Yes to accept it.
- When the installation is completed, you are done with the update to the latest release.
- The process to Upgrade your Company File
- Firstly, it is necessary to use multi-user mode to ensure that you are the only one who has access to it.
- Open the File menu and then select “Open and Restore Company File”.
- Now, click on the same backup copy as before.
- Press Continue to carry on with the process.
- Furthermore, you need to open the company file by clicking on it.
- Hit on the Upgrade button to log in as an Administrator.
- But before that, it is required to follow the wizard instructions appearing on your screen.
- Lastly, press the Finish button when you are done with the update process.
QuickBooks 2022 is the most prolific accounting program that has launched many new features including, Instant deposits for QuickBooks Payments, Simplified Assisted Payroll activation, and much more. So, if you want to accelerate your business growth then you must go forward to download this new version on your system. Most of us take our steps back when it comes to dealing with numerous technical issues simultaneously but by executing the above-suggested steps, you can easily get over all the mess. If in case, you have any doubt and need some advice or suggestion to clear it, feel free to keep in touch with our experts via Live Chat. Here, you will surely get a straightaway solution to all your queries or concern within no time.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How can you check which version of QuickBooks you are using currently and the latest update of QuickBooks desktop 2022 is required or not?
Have a look at some below-listed steps to examine for the latest updates:
💠 Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop software and then press the key F@ or Ctrl +1 on your keyboard.
💠 After that, It will open up the window of product information on your screen.
💠 From here, you can easily check the release and version that you are using recently.
The current version update is totally up to you whether you want to update it or not according to the standards of your business and its requirements as well as the purpose of use.
Is it possible to synchronize QuickBooks Online with the QuickBooks Desktop version?
QuickBooks is a powerful, simple, and reliable business accounting software that can help you in managing a track of your income and expenses. This software comes with all the necessary sets of tools to maintain an accurate book of business records. It also offers features like bill payments, invoices, business charts, and more. Now come to the question well, unfortunately, you are not able to sync both versions of QuickBooks and the reason is that they two work on different platforms. QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based software whereas the QuickBooks desktop is made for windows of Mac PCs. They are designed for fulfilling different purposes and they work independently, making it impossible to sync them.
What is the process to export data from QuickBooks Desktop?
It is suggested you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely before going to migrate your personal information.
Here’s the procedure to do it smoothly;
💠 Navigate to the top of the QuickBooks screen to find tabs for Customer List, Vendor List, and Financial data.
💠 Hit on the customer tab or vendors tab that you want to export.
💠 Now click the Excel drop-down arrow in the center.
💠 Once you are done with the above-suggested steps, select Export Customer List or Export Vendor List.
💠 From the Export Window, choose whether to create a new worksheet, update an existing worksheet, or export to a comma-separated values (.csv) file.
💠 Finally, hit the Export.
What are the steps to create a backup of the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
Almost every version of QuickBooks uses the same approach of storing your backup file conveniently.
Let’s know how regular users do it nicely.
💠 Initially open the most recent version of the application, i.e. QuickBooks 2021.
💠 Admin user access is required to access the company file.
💠 Click on the File menu at the upper left of the tab.
💠 Now, switch to the Backup Company option with the help of your cursor.
💠 When you’ve visited the Backup Company tab, select the Create Local Backup option.
💠 After that, the Create Backup window will display on your screen.
💠 You’ll be given the option of storing your company file backup in one of several locations.
💠 Press the Options button within the Create Backup box if you need to make any more adjustments to your current backup settings.
💠 Then, the application will automatically begin creating your backup and in the end, close the window once the backup has been saved.