Are you looking to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020 version? Then you landed on the right page. In this particular guide, we will provide a complete process to upgrade your older QB version with upgraded version 2020. However, the upgrade is applicable for all QuickBooks editions including Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant, Mac, and POS. With this software upgrade, you can avail multiple benefits that help users to make their tasks much simpler and quicker than before which will also boost their business productivity to a great extent.
So, explore all important terms and facts related to Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020 by reading this guide till the end.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 Why should you upgrade your QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks 2020 version?
- 2 System Requirements for Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020
- 3 Steps for QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks 2020 Upgrade
- 4 FAQ
Why should you upgrade your QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks 2020 version?
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2020, as well as QuickBooks Enterprise 20.0, provide new advanced capabilities that can help your business. So, here are the simplest and most efficient QuickBooks to manage your growing company.
Let’s explore what more you can get with 2020 version
- Add the customer’s PO# to invoice emails automatically: If you work with customers who need to link purchase orders to invoices, you can make it easier for them by including their PO number in the subject line of the invoice email.
- Automated Payment Reminders: If you spend a lot of time following up on receivable accounts, payment reminders automate the most onerous part—identifying outstanding invoices and drafting emails. You may plan, evaluate, and send payment reminders to your customers for due/overdue invoices.
- Company file search: With the addition of the file search option, you can simply find and open your company files.
- Combine several emails into one: Simply hitting a button, you may improve customer service by merging all bills for a single customer into one email.
- Improved accessibility: On the Invoice, Bills, and Write Check screens, this enhances usability for vision-impaired users.
System Requirements for Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020
- Processor- 2.4 GHz minimum
- RAM- 4GB minimum, 8GB is recommended server RAM requirements
- Disk Space- 2.5GB of disk space, additional software of 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, offered on the QuickBooks CD, additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services.
- Windows- US version supports regional settings, Administrator rights needed for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access.
- Optional Drive- 4X DVD ROM drive needed for CD installations
- Screen Resolution- 1280 x 1024 screens resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
Steps for QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks 2020 Upgrade
To upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version, complete the procedures below one by one. Following are the steps: –
- For an upgrade, you must first download QuickBooks 2020
- Install the 2020 version as well, once you’re done with the above step
- Follow the steps outlined on the screen to complete the installation
- Activate it once you’ve finished installing it
- Prepare QuickBooks for the update by making the necessary changes to the file
- If the file is on the cloud, make a desktop backup
- Then, when you’re ready to upgrade, you can refer to this backup
- Note: After upgrading the file, you can replace the old files with it in the same folder.
- The company file must also be upgraded
- The following are the steps to updating a company file:
- If it’s a multi-user account, make sure no one else is currently using it
- Go to the FILE menu after you’ve double-checked everything
- In the File menu, select Open and Restore the company by clicking on it
- Now select Restore the backup copy OR Open a company file from the drop-down menu
- Then press the “Next” button
- From the list, select your company file and then click the open option
- To update the company data file, log in as the administrator
- Choose the option to Update Now that is already visible in your account
- To update QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks 2020, follow the steps shown on your screen
- After a successful upgrade, click the Done button.
So, if you want to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020 version, including the company file upgrade, this is how you do it. It is not as difficult as some users might think, and you should be able to complete it on your own just by executing the above-suggested steps. But, if you’re having trouble or need some advice or help, feel free to connect with a team of Experts via Live chat and have your upgrade completed quickly.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How do I take backup of my currency version of QB before I upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020?
The below process to be performed to create a backup of your current using QuickBooks software version:
💠 First, open your current version
💠 Login to the company file as an Admin User Access
💠 Next, go to the File menu which you can see at the top left of the tab
💠 Locate the Backup Company option using your cursor
💠 Once you’re in the Backup Company tab, choose the option “Create Local Backup” option.
What are the steps involved in activating the 2020 version once I finish Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2020?
To activate the QuickBooks 2020, follow these steps:
💠 The first step is to launch QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Then, on your keyboard, press the F2 key
💠 Now you can register the software by checking the status of its registration
💠 You can acquire information in your information window
💠 Proceed to the following step if the status is disabled or inactive
💠 Select the Help menu option from the drop-down menu
💠 On the same page, choose and click the Activate option
💠 After you’ve completed the activation process, check the status of your registration and make sure your software is updated
💠 You are now ready to use QuickBooks 2020, which has been upgraded.
What is the new payroll update available for QuickBooks 2020 version?
The below is the listed payroll updates that come with the 2020 version. Just have a glimpse of the following:
💠 It updated the federal form that is Form 941
💠 The Payroll Update includes Federal forms that are now updated and that is Form 941 and Form 941-V
💠 This includes the state forms that also got updated for the following states including Alaska, Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Delaware, New Hampshire, Oregon and more.
💠 The Update removed a state form in the following states including Rhode Island.