Are you ready to Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022 version?
QuickBooks is a full-featured and user-oriented accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. It has been launched mainly for fulfilling the missing requirements of small and medium-sized businesses. There are most of the users who are experiencing the lack of advanced features or tools for business advancements and if you’re one of them then you are at the right place. QuickBooks Desktop 2022 is the latest release which is a subscription-based model containing many new additional features and benefits.
This upgraded software introduces tons of improved features to help automate and streamline your daily accounting operations as it combines the basic and plus models altogether. Such as QuickBooks Pro with QuickBooks Pro Plus, QuickBooks Premier with QuickBooks Premier Plus, and QuickBooks Mac with QuickBooks Mac Plus. Hence, it gives you a valid reason to switch to this subscription-based model. With the help of this post, we will guide you on how to upgrade the older QB version with the most recent 2022 program. So stay connected with this write-up to figure out all the important terms and facts related to this new QB version.
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022”
Headache🥺. Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated which version will be best suited according to your need. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2022 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022.
- 1 Why it is necessary to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022 version?
- 2 Let’s discuss some updated and modified features of the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
- 3 System Requirements for QuickBooks 2022
- 4 Precautions to take while upgrading QuickBooks 2017 to 2022
- 5 Check out the below-suggested steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022 program?
- 6 FAQ
Why it is necessary to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022 version?
As a regular user of QuickBooks, it’s your duty to upgrade your software time-to-time. This process not only keeps your software prevalent but also provides you with various editions to expand your business widely. Unlike it, if you won’t keep your software up-to-date then you may have to be deprived of its updated layouts and other upcoming features. Moreover, several technical problems and errors will surely stay away from you and you don’t have to wander from site to site in search of a straightaway solution. Hence, regular upgrades work as a blessing in disguise especially for the users who don’t know how to avoid unwanted bugs and fix several technical glitches. To gather more information about it,
let’s go forward without any ado.
- There are some users who still using outdated versions of QuickBooks which is a significant disadvantage of their time and money and if you are also stick with the older versions of QuickBooks like 2019, 2020, 2021, immediately switch to this new edition.
- With the new 2022 launch, a variety of transitions like Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Mac Plus Subscriptions have been brought out to deliver greater value and more impactful features for you and your clients. This transition also encourages your clients to be on the most recent version so that no hindrance can block the way of your business advancements. Have a look at some extra perks provided to you to magnify the worth of your company.
Pro Plus and Premier Plus Subscriptions
The Subscription edition 2022 offers many ways to grow the efficiency of your business such as;
- Access to the latest version which includes the most up-to-date features, security patches, and support for third-party operating system updates.
- QuickBooks computational power is up to 38% faster and more dependable (64-bit).
- Unlimited customer assistance and data recovery are incorporated at no extra cost.
- Features that surely help you to save your precious time and money.
- With the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app, you will be able to increase your productivity level.
Mac Plus Subscription
This Subscription version 2022 is a pack of several amazing and modified features including;
- Access to the latest version which includes the most up-to-date features, security patches and support for third-party operating system updates.
- Customer support system and data recovery are comprised at no additional cost.
- Premium subscription features include the ability to create and categorize receipt expense transactions automatically.
Let’s discuss some updated and modified features of the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
In this latest release of QuickBooks 2022, you get introduced to a variety of features that will assist you in growing your business conveniently in a faster and easier manner. Smartly resolving all the issues and serving regular users at any time is marked as the main reason behind the great success of QuickBooks.
This accounting software is a pack of improved and cutting-edge features that are jotted below.
- 64-bit Advanced Processing Power: With the help of QuickBooks Desktop 2022, users are able to use the full capability of 64-bit processors. Now you can easily complete your accounting tasks in a more authentic and supersonic way.
- Instant Deposit: It doesn’t matter your customers pay you on holidays, late nights, or weekends, you will receive your payment instantly. Once you get paid by your customers, the amount got transferred to your deposits.
- Pay and Schedule Bills Faster: Now you’re no longer need to put extra effort as it is easy to schedule and pay bills using a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer within your QuickBooks 2022 software. Along with this, vendors can also get their money through physical checks or bank transfers.
- Choose From Multiple Customer Contacts: This feature proves helpful when it comes to adding multiple customer contacts to your batch emails. You can reduce miscommunication from the manual entry to email addresses. Moreover, you have an option to send emails more quickly by selecting the right recipients from a list of customer or vendor contacts.
- E-Commerce for QuickBooks with Webgility: It helps you to simplify the management of e-commerce and gives you a clearer picture of the profits that you can get using it. You can track your revenue by using different selling platforms like QuickBooks, Shopify, Amazon, or eBay and sync directly in QuickBooks.
- Payment Links: Now it is easy to send payment links and get paid for the items that won’t require any invoices. So, collect payments using links to make the process faster, user-oriented, and brisk.
- Bill Entry Automation and Customized Bill Payment Stubs: Sending bills by using an email address or using QuickBooks Desktop mobile app has been easier just because of this new feature. You can easily save your precious hours and use QuickBooks to automate bill entries. Later, import and review it. Besides it, the bill payment stubs are added to the list of QuickBooks forms that are totally customizable.
- Upload Documents: Through the QuickBooks Desktop mobile application, you can attach the documents by uploading them directly in the transactions.
- Bill Approval Process: Managing the cash flow is the major benefit of using QuickBooks desktop. It helps in increasing the transparency with the customizable approval workflows for bills. It makes your handling of Accounts payable accurate and facile.
System Requirements for QuickBooks 2022
Here, you can get detailed information about hardware, software, operating system, and other minimum requirements needed to get smooth access to the QuickBooks 2022 version.
It is mandatory to fulfill all the requirements before you start using the software.
Supported Operated Systems:
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
1. Windows Servers
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Essentials
2. Linux Servers (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
- Fedora 31, 32
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) with high-speed internet access.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Minimum 2.4 GHz required
- 8 GB for 64-bit and recommended is 16 GB
3. Server RAM Requirements:
- 1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
4. Disk Space Requirements:
- 2.5 GB disk space is required
- Additional software- 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime that is provided with the installation files
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings-
- Require minimum 4.0 GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData +” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive (SSD).
- Installed natively and no need to run in the emulation software or virtual environment.
- It supports regional settings when you set it to English
- Windows of North American version
- Administrator rights are required for the Server system when hosting Multi-user access.
6. Optical Drive:
- A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations
7. Screen Resolution:
- 1280 X 1024 screen resolution is needed or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
8. Other Hardware Devices:
- If you use the Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile, here are the supported devices you can use:-
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- Recommended is Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- The software also supports:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHS 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
1. Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019
- Office 2016
- Office 2013
- Office 365 including Outlook 2013, 2016 on both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Note: Microsoft Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- In Microsoft Outlook the contact synchronization requires version 2013, 2016, or 2019 (32-bit).
- Email invoices, estimates, and other forms with Microsoft 2016 to 2019
- Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, and other email clients that support SMTP
- For exporting reports, the required version of MS Excel is Office 365 (includes 64-bit), 2013, 2016, 2019
- The letters can be prepared using Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, 2019, or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
2. Another Software Compatibility:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0 and V18.0
- Internet Explorer 11
- Pro-Series tax year 2021
- Lacerte 2021
- Turbo Tax 2021
- Gmail, Windows Mail, Yahoo Email, Hotmail, and AOL (i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Payroll and other services and features that require internet access with at least a 56Kbps connection speed but recommended is 1 Mbps.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Payroll, Business planner, and viewing forms that require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later version.
Antimalware and Antivirus Software Compatibility:
1. Antivirus Software
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
2. Antimalware Software
- Zone Alarm
Precautions to take while upgrading QuickBooks 2017 to 2022
- Don’t forget to make a file backup of the current version before starting to upgrade the company file and also ensure that your data is safe in the event of a technical problem.
- It is advised you make a backup of the version you are using currently.
- Later, follow the steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to the latest 2022 version.
Check out the below-suggested steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022 program?
If you really want to get rid of your previous version and move to the latest QuickBooks 2022 release, here is the process of getting it done easily.
So you just need to sit relaxed and perform the tasks carefully for the successful upgrade.
1. Manual Updates
- Properly close the QuickBooks if it is opened.
- Move forward and press the Windows Start menu button.
- Now look for the QuickBooks Software.
- Then right-click on it and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Hit on the Help menu option.
- After that, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- To open it, click on the tab Options in the open-up window.
- Once you are done with the above step, tick-mark the option Mark All.
- Later, press the Save button to save all the changes.
- Hit on the tab named Update now.
- Then you need to tick-mark the box Reset Update.
- When all set perfectly, hit on Get updates to start downloading the updated version.
- It’s time to reopen the QuickBooks software.
- Whenever it asks you to install the downloaded updates, click on Yes to agree for installation.
- As soon as you’ve completed the installation, quickly restart your system.
2. Set Automatic Updates
- To begin, open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to the Help menu option in your software.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the further options.
- Then navigate to the Update Now tab.
- Hit the Reset Update box if you are willing to clear all your previous updates.
- In the tab Update now, press the Get Updates button for downloading the update.
- Once you’ve downloaded the update, close and then restart your QuickBooks software.
- After restarting it, you get a pop-up box asking for the installation of a new release then you need to hit on Yes to accept it.
- When the installation is completed, you are done with the update to the latest release.
3. The process to Upgrade your Company File
- Firstly, it is necessary to use multi-user mode to ensure that you are the only one who has access to it.
- Open the File menu and then select “Open and Restore Company File”.
- Now, click on the same backup copy as before.
- Press Continue to carry on with the process.
- Furthermore, you need to open the company file by clicking on it.
- Hit on the Upgrade button to log in as an Administrator.
- But before that, it is required to follow the wizard instructions appearing on your screen.
- Lastly, press the Finish button when you are done with the update process.
QuickBooks 2022 is the most prolific and trusted accounting program that has launched many new features including, instant deposits for QuickBooks Payments, simplified Assisted Payroll activation, and much more. Therefore, if you wish to move your business towards the progressive way then you must go forward to download this new version on your system. Most of us take our steps back when it comes to dealing with a lot of technical stuff concurrently but by executing the above-suggested steps, you can easily get over all the nuisances of life. If in case, you have any doubt and need some advice or suggestion to clear it, feel free to keep in touch with our experts via Live Chat. Here, you are assured to provide quick assistance whenever and wherever you want. So, don’t worry anymore if you are unable to find out the main reason for your concern as our support system nicely takes care of it.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How often do I need to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop?
Many users have tired of upgrading to the latest version of QuickBooks every year and looking for a one-time solution. If this kind of problem is also coming in your way then here’s the answer. It is found that some of the users are still using the 2007 version but your old software may put you and your business in trouble. Therefore, it is recommended to update your existing version timely whenever a new program is released.
what if I use Excel instead of QuickBooks?
If you like the freedom to do whatever you want with your financial data, choose Excel. But if you wish to do input your financial records simply and quickly then QuickBooks is especially for you. As there are lots of Excel templates you can use to simplify your initial work. However, the fact is that you still have to manually enter the records and one wrong move can put your data at risk. Unlike it, QuickBooks is made for fulfilling only your accounting needs. It has the features to manage sales and expenses of your business, track daily transactions, invoices customers, and much more. There’s no need to check for the formulas, adjust the ranges and test it out like Excel. The main purpose of QuickBooks is to make your life easier when it comes to dealing with financial and accounting matters. So if you are willing to come out with sophisticated graphs and charts of Excel, QuickBooks will help you in this.
How many times can QuickBooks be installed?
QuickBooks provides single or multi-user access to a software package designed to enable businesses in order to track income and expenses with the benefit of control on company finances. The number of computers on which you can install QuickBooks depends on the terms of your license. If you purchase a single-user license for an edition of QuickBooks, your license gives you the right to install the software on a total of two computers provided that you own both systems. These two installations enable you to work at your office on one system and continue your work at home on another. In contrast, the basic QuickBooks multi-user license allows you to install it on up to five systems you own for use by as many as five people. Multi-user licensing accommodates simultaneous use by the full number of seats covered by the license level for which you paid. You can also install QuickBooks on a sixth computer that you want to use solely as a data host and multi-user server.