- 1 Are you willing to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 Version?
- 2 Why is it required to upgrade your QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 version?
- 3 What new and different you will get in QuickBooks 2020 version?
- 4 System Requirements for QuickBooks 2019 to 2020
- 5 QuickBooks 2020 Firewall and Antivirus Software Compatibility:
- 6 Check out these major steps for QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 Upgrade
- 7 FAQ
Are you willing to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 Version?
You landed on the right page if your answer is “Yes”. In this blog, we will guide you on how to upgrade your older QB version with the latest 2020 version. However, this information is beneficial for all QuickBooks editions such as Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant, Mac, POS, and so on. Through the help of this upgraded software, users can easily deal with the most complicated tasks and also resolve their technical issues quicker than earlier. It will offer you a golden chance to boost your business productivity to a great extent. So stay tuned with this write-up to explore all the important terms and facts related to this new QB version.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Why is it required to upgrade your QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 version?
Every year, QuickBooks comes to hand with the new innovative versions and additions for its users and the same thing happened in 2020 when in the month of September, Intuit launched the modified and enhanced version of 2019. There is nothing exaggerated to say that this version was designed to grow the efficiency of accounting-based small and medium-sized businesses. In QuickBooks 2019 version, Intuit focused on overhauling the already available features whereas QuickBooks 2020 promotes quick payment and fast work. It keeps on analyzing; what users are demanding? What are the flaws coming out during the test process and how to get rid of them? So without any ado, let’s take this discussion ahead.
What new and different you will get in QuickBooks 2020 version?
QuickBooks 2020 version brings out a lot of benefits for its users who can get paid smoother and work faster than earlier. It also offers a powerful and flexible solution for business enhancements.
1. Get Paid smoother
QuickBooks 2020 allows small and mid-sized businesses to get paid smoother and faster than all the previous versions. Let’s have a look at some new features and improvements;
- Automated Payment Reminders: If you are one of the users who just eliminate their time in chasing outstanding payments, by creating email automatically this new feature of QuickBooks 2020 will save them several hours. Now users can choose the content of each email as per their own preferences or needs, type special messages for specific customers, and also can review everything before sending in just a few clicks. Even they have an option to decide how many days after the due date reminder will going to be sent and to do that they can select different dates for different customers. Since Reminders can be scheduled in advance and QuickBooks provides a prompt solution when it comes to sending reminders.
- Add customer’s PO to Invoice Emails automatically: QuickBooks 2020 version saves business owners valuable time and energy helping them to get paid faster by adding the customer PO number in the subject line of the invoice email. This feature makes things easier for every single user and processes the correct invoice from their inbox to ensure that it has been sent to the right department for prompt payment.
- Attach Multiple Emails: Is it being tiresome to send separate emails for every invoice? This new feature will surely prove a blessing in disguise for you if you are facing this sort of trouble. QuickBooks gives an option to merge all the bills for a single customer in one email. Now users no longer have to manually combine invoices outside of QuickBooks.
2. Work Faster
QuickBooks 2020 provides its users more time to focus on other aspects of the business to get their work done faster than ever. Let’s shed a light on some new innovations that speeded up the progress of work:
- Horizontally Collapse Columns: In this modification, users and accountants can view just customer totals in reports without having to scroll down all the details along with export the report to Excel or spend time customizing it with a large number of columns.
- Get Smart Help: QuickBooks has improvised its help desk as well. Now users can get a straightaway and quick solution to their quires by simply pressing the “F1” button. Here they have a golden chance to rectify the quality of their content and contact a live customer support agent via messaging or a callback option.
- Trouble-free Upgrades: With the help of a few clicks, upgrading within QuickBooks has become easier and unchallenging for every user.
- Easy to Search: This new feature of QuickBooks 2020 helps users to find, open, and save multiple company files concurrently.
- Convenient Payroll Setup: QuickBooks 2020 shares an easy and fast first-time use payroll setup experience with Employee self-setup. Moreover, the business owners are given the alternative to invite employees for updating their personal bank and tax details through a secure link.
- Payroll Direct Deposit Status: Here, business owners using QuickBooks Payroll Direct Deposit can scrutinize the detailed status of their direct deposit at any time whenever they want. They also assure their employees of getting paid accurately on time without having to check the email section or call customer support.
3. Improved Fulfillment
Apart from the above benefits, users of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 20.0 will also get improved fulfillment features designed to help them work faster and smoother:
- Landed Cost (available for Enterprise Platinum Edition Only): By factoring in freight, duties, insurance, and other miscellaneous costs incurred during the purchase cycle, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise now provides greater visibility to its users into actual product costs. It helps them make a better profit, pricing & sales decisions along with asset valuations.
- Alternative Vendors (available for Enterprise Platinum Edition Only): The users of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise have the benefit of a centralized information hub containing the contact details of Vendors and imported pricing data allowing them to make more informed decisions and improve overall profitability. Now, it’s handy to create purchase orders as vendor information is automatically added and save much more time with readily available information.
- Express Pick-Pack (available for Enterprise Platinum Edition Only): Now QuickBooks Enterprise users don’t need to put any extra effort as they are able to complete the picking and packing operations as part of a single workflow. This makes the entire process faster and encourages the users to nicely perform the picking and packing tasks and approvals.
System Requirements for QuickBooks 2019 to 2020
Here, some helpful info is manifesting about all the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements needed to get smooth access to QuickBooks 2020 version.
1. Operating Systems-
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit natively installed.
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (Only Supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019 and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2016 and Essentials.
- Window Server 2012 R2 and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2012 and Essentials.
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Note: QuickBooks recommends you to use Windows natively not through an emulator or virtual environment.
2. Database Servers
- Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only Installation):
- OpenSuse 42.3
- Fedora 29
- Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
3. Browser Requirements
- Internet Explorer 11(32-bit)
4. Hardware and System Requirements (Client and Server)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum, 4GB minimum, and 8GB Recommended Server RAM Requirements
- 1- 5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 20+ Users: 20+ GB RAM
- Disk Space:
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
- Additional software: 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).
- Require Minimum 4.0 GB RAM.
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+” Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: For the best performance, it is suggested you store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive.
- US version of Windows.
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English.
- Administrator rights are required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access.
- Natively installed stands for a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
- Optical Drive:
- 4 X DVD-ROM drives are required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).
- Screen Resolution:
- Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Note: High Internet access is a must.
6. Microsoft Office:
- MS Office 2016 (Including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- MS Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013, and 365 (Including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit.
Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices, and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, MS Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook.com, other SMTP supporting e-mail clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010, or Office 365 (Includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (Includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at zero charges).
Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook Plug-in. Syncing can cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL (i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client).
Note: Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
These are some technical requirements that help using QuickBooks 2020 in a convenient manner.
QuickBooks 2020 Firewall and Antivirus Software Compatibility:
We tested QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 with the following Firewall and Antivirus Programs.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Check out these major steps for QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 Upgrade
In order to upgrade QuickBooks into the most recent version, follow these below-listed steps one by one:
- Firstly, you have to download QuickBooks 2020 version to upgrade your old version.
- Once you are done with this step, install the 2020 version as well.
- Follow the steps that appeared on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now activate it if the installation has finished.
- Make necessary changes to the file after preparing QuickBooks for the update.
- Desktop backup is required if the file is on the cloud.
- As soon as you are ready to upgrade, you can refer to this backup.
- Once you upgrade the file, you can replace your old files with it in the same folder.
- It is important to upgrade the company file as well.
Other major steps to update a company file:
- Make sure that no one else is currently using this account especially if it’s a multi-user account.
- Switch to the File menu if you are doubly sure about everything.
- Under the File menu, click Open and Restore the company by hitting on this bar.
- From the drop-down menu open a company file or click Restore the backup copy.
- Now hit the Next button.
- In the list, choose your company file and then hit the Open option.
- Sign in as the Administrator to update the company data file.
- Select the option Update Now that is already displayed in your account.
- Without any consideration, implement the steps visible on your screen to update QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020.
- If the software has successfully upgraded then press the Done button in the end.
So, if you want to enjoy the new features of QuickBooks 2020, this is the way to do it smoothly. Most of us take our steps back when it comes to deal with such technical issues but by executing the above-suggested steps, you can easily get over all the hurdles. Though still, if you are finding yourself alone and need some advice or help, feel free to knock at the door of experts via Live Chat for getting quicker assistance.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How long is QuickBooks 2020 Good for?
Generally, the duration depends on the QuickBooks version that you have purchased but still it’s good for at least 3 years. So if you recently enlisted QuickBooks 2020 version, you will be able to receive software updates to keep it updated for the next 3 years.
When does QuickBooks update?
As soon as you connect a bank account to online banking, QuickBooks online automatically downloads transactions every night for you. If you don’t want to wait for the scheduled download, you have an option to refresh the connection to get the latest available transactions.
How can I explore what version of QuickBooks I have?
Check out these points to know your version and release:
A. Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to reports > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW).
B. Once the program opens, click Help> About QuickBooks Statement Writer. You can find the relevant information about the version in the About section.
What should I do to update QuickBooks for Mac?
Let’s take a look at some easy steps to update and install the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
A. From the QuickBooks drop-down menu, hit Check for QuickBooks updates.
B. Go to Install update if the newer version is available.
C. Now it’s time to click install and relaunch options when asked to.
D. When all the above steps are carried out properly and the software update is complete, the QuickBooks for Mac will open up automatically.