At times, users face difficulties while running their QuickBooks 2019 version because of the unavailability of some advanced features and tools. As you already know that Intuit introduces a new version with many new and exciting features every year. Recently, Intuit has announced great modifications to QuickBooks Desktop for 2022 offering tons of new and improved features and tools. The enhanced 2022 functionalities include faster bank feed processing, advanced inventory management, better receipt management, and more.
Moreover, Intuit’s Pro, Premier, and Mac products will now be available as Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Mac Plus subscriptions. For a few years, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has been available as a subscription service. Such improvements give users a great reason to upgrade QuickBooks to a subscription-based version. This article entails every single detail of the QuickBooks 2022 version that will help to make sure that upgrading your Quickbooks 2019 version to 2022 is a great choice.
- 1 Steps to Successfully Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022
- 2 Major changes are done in QuickBooks 2022 version
- 3 System specifications required to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 version
- 4 How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 subscription model?
- 5 FAQ
Steps to Successfully Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022
What’s New in QB 2022
System Requirements Needed
Install QuickBooks 2022
Prepare Company File
Major changes are done in QuickBooks 2022 version
QuickBooks 2022, a subscription model has made 4 significant modifications that are jotted below:
- With the 2022 release, we’ll be moving to a subscription model for our desktop lineup.
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac Plus is now available as a subscription.
- For accountants, the availability of 2021 Desktop one-time purchase products will be extended until December 10, 2021.
- ProAdvisor support is being improved.
System specifications required to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 version
Check out all the system requirements that you need to know before upgrading your software:
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials|
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||Feora 31, 32OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)|
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) is required to use QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
Require Hardware and Operating system
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires a 64-bit Windows operating system and will not run on a 32-bit Windows operating system.
- Processor: 2.4GHz minimum
- Server RAM requirements: 20 Users (required 20+GB RAM), 15 Users (required 16GB RAM), 10 Users (required 12GB RAM), and 1-5 Users (8GB RAM)
- RAM: 8GB minimum for 64-bit, 16GB recommended.
- Disk Space:
- 2.5 GB of hard disk space (additional required for data files).
- Additional software: Microsoft.NET 4.8 Runtime (60MB), which is included in the installation files.
- Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services has additional requirements:
- A minimum of 4.0GB RAM is required.
- Two times the largest file to back up Plus 100MB, or twice the size to restore. Only the space from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”IntuitIntuit Data Protect” is necessary.
Note: Store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive for the greatest performance (SSD).
- Windows for the North American version.
- When the language is set to English, regional settings are supported.
- When hosting multi-user access, the server machine must have administrator rights.
- It is not necessary to execute it in a virtual environment or using emulation software because it is already installed.
- Optical Drive: Physical CD installations require a 4X DVD-ROM drive.
- Screen Resolution:
- With up to two extended displays, the display is ideal for a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
- Best optimized for a computer’s default DPI level.
QuickBooks is compatible with a wide range of applications. Here’s a list of some of the most popular apps.
Important: It's worth noting that more RAM can help you get the most out of these tools.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016).
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013). Note that the web version of Microsoft 365 is not supported.
- Estimates, invoices, and other forms can be emailed using Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, as well as other SMTP-enabled email clients.
- Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or 365 are required for letter writing (includes 64-bit).
- Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 are required to export reports (includes 64-bit).
- Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013 is required for contact synchronization with Microsoft Outlook.
- TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business).
- Pro-Series tax year 2021.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0.
- Lacerte 2021.
- Quicken 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended).
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
Antimalware and Antivirus software compatibility
Antimalware and antivirus applications were used to evaluate QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2022, as well as Enterprise 22.0. To achieve the best QuickBooks performance, you may need to make a few adjustments in these apps’ settings.
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
Important Note: QuickBooks will work with RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) systems, although it is not advised because it may slow down QuickBooks.
The associated services in QuickBooks Desktop 2022 require the internet security standard TLS 1.2 to function properly.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 subscription model?
When a new version of QuickBooks is released, a notice will appear when you open the program.
The below steps make it simple for you to upgrade:
- The very first, select “Upgrade Now” when you’re finished
- If you want to keep your existing QuickBooks, choose the “Keep old version on my computer” option
- After that, choose Let’s Go
- The updated version of QuickBooks is downloaded, installed, and activated for you by QuickBooks
- It keeps your company file up to date
- Select Open QuickBooks when the upgrade is finished.
Important Note: It may take some time for the upgrading to complete. It is determined by the speed of your internet connection and the size of your company file.
You’ll also need to upgrade your company files if you upgrade to a newer version 2022 of QuickBooks Desktop. A company file must only be upgraded once. When switching to a different edition, you do not need to upgrade your file (Pro, Premier, and Enterprise).
Here’s how to make your older company file compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks
- First, sign in to your Windows as an Admin user
- Download the new QuickBooks Desktop version, if you haven’t already
- Perform the instructions in order to install your new version of QB.
Step 2: Prepare your company file
For each company file you want to upgrade, follow “Step 2: Prepare your company file” and “Step 3: Upgrade your company file”:
- Open the QuickBooks program that came with your computer
- Then open the file for the company you wish to upgrade
- To access the Product Information window, press the F2 key from your keyboard
- Look at the File Information section for further information
- Make a note of where your company file is saved on your computer
- Rebuild your company file by running the Rebuild Tool (This will get it ready for the upgrade).
Step 3: Upgrade your company file
When you open your company file in a newer version of QuickBooks, it prompts you to upgrade it. Keep in mind that after you upgrade QuickBooks, you won’t be able to open your company file in the previous version.
- Ensure that all users have logged out your company’s file
- Open your new QuickBooks Desktop version
- If you don’t have a company file open, choose Open or Restore Company
- You can also choose Open or Restore Company from the File menu
- Next, select “Open a company file”
- After that, select “Restore a backup copy” and then Local backup if you have a backup company file (QBB) rather than a company file (QBW)
- Look for your company file on your computer and select the same then choose “Open”
- As an admin user, log in to your company file
- QuickBooks creates an automatic backup of your existing company file before you upgrade
- To save the backup in a specified folder, select the “Change this default location” option
- To begin the upgrade, select the “Update Now” button
- Select “Done” when QuickBooks has finished the upgrade process.
In your new version of QuickBooks Desktop, you may now open your company file. You can now migrate your company files back to a server if you maintain them there.
Thus, the article about the upgrade of QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 (the latest subscription model) concluded here. It is expected that the information will be helpful for you in upgrading the procedure. In case, you still have any doubts then, you can use Live Chat to clear all your doubts and queries with our Experts.
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How do I get to know if there is any latest version released in QuickBooks Desktop?
It is pretty simple to check, just carry out the below steps:
💠 Open your QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Next, hit the F2 key from your keyboard
💠 With this press, a product information window open
💠 Here, you can verify or check your active/current version as well as the released one.
What do you mean by long-term plans for QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version?
Every year, QuickBooks Desktop solutions are used by millions of small businesses and accounting professionals. Intuit has committed to concentrating its commitment to deliver higher value and more significant features for you and your clients by switching to a subscription-only model.
What if I don’t see a prompt to upgrade my QuickBooks subscription?
Don’t panic! If you don’t get a prompt to upgrade, change your on-time message prompts with the help of below instructions:
💠 Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
💠 Next, move to the General tab and choose the option “My Preferences”
💠 Now, pick the “Bring back all one time messages” option followed by clicking the Ok button
💠 Finally, close your QuickBooks then try to reopen it and you can see that you’ll have the prompt to upgrade your QuickBooks subscription.
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2016
- QuickBooks Upgrade 2016 to 2017
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2021 to 2022
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
- QuickBooks Pro to QuickBooks Enterprise Upgrade
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2017
- How to upgrade QuickBooks 2014, 2015, 2016 to 2017 for mac?
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2021
- Upgrade Quickbooks Pro 2015 cloud based to 2016 or 2017?