- 1 QuickBooks Point of Sale Was Unable to Activate The Product
- 2 Main Causes of The Error 176104
- 3 How to Resolve the Quickbooks Error 176103 & 176104?
- 3.1 1. Solution One: Update Point of Sale to the current release
- 3.2 2. Solution Two: Register Point of Sale
- 3.3 3. Solution Three: Ensure Point of Sale Services Are Running Properly
- 3.4 4. Solution Four: Repair Entitlement Client data files
- 3.5 5. Solution Five: Configure Windows Firewall on Client & Server Workstations
- 3.6 6. Solution Six: Perform A Re-install of Point of Sale
QuickBooks Point of Sale Was Unable to Activate The Product
QuickBooks POS for is perfectly designed system to track sales, customers and inventory easily and quickly. Activating QuickBooks POS software is a very easy process. You need to go to the file menu, select set up interview and then select payment tab.
Select yes to accept debit and credit cards and that it. The software is activated. But at times users face the error code 176104 that categorizes QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated on the server station.
When attempting to open Point of Sale on a client workstation, you see the following warning –
Main Causes of The Error 176104
- The Intuit Entitlement Service is stopped or is not running properly.
- The Entitlement Client data files are damaged.
- The server copy of Point of Sale software has not been registered.
- The Client copy of Point of Sale system has been started prior to the Server copy of Point of Sale having been run for the first time.
- The Point of Sale installation is damaged.
- A firewall blocking or restricting one or more Point of Sale files.
- Your system may be experiencing network connectivity issues.
How to Resolve the Quickbooks Error 176103 & 176104?
1. Solution One: Update Point of Sale to the current release
- Click exit on update screen.
- Choose Help -> select Check for Software Updates.
- Allow Point of sale to update.
2. Solution Two: Register Point of Sale
- At the Server copy of Point of Sale, select Help and choose Registration. Register Point of Sale.
- Start the Server copy of Point of Sale and restart the Client copy of Point of Sale.
3. Solution Three: Ensure Point of Sale Services Are Running Properly
- Press Windows + R, to get the search window.
- Enter services.msc.
- In the services window, search for Intuit Entitlement Service vx.x. Double-click to open the service.
- If the Service Status is stopped, click Start to change the status to Started. If the Service Status is already Started, click Stop and start the service again after it has been stopped.
- Click OK and close the window
- Open POS software again
4. Solution Four: Repair Entitlement Client data files
- Go to: Windows 8,7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Press the CTRL + A keys to select all the files in the folder and then press Delete.
- Open Point of Sale again and complete the registration process again.
5. Solution Five: Configure Windows Firewall on Client & Server Workstations
- Use Point of Sale firewall configuration files, ports and paths.
- After configuring the Windows Firewall, open Point of Sale again.
6. Solution Six: Perform A Re-install of Point of Sale
- Follow steps to perform a clean re-install for Point of Sale.
Need Professional Help?
The QuickBooks experts ProAdvisors provide you instant resolution so that you can resume your work hassle free. The Intuit certified Proadvisors are approachable via various modes like phone support,QuickBooks email support, live chat etc. Sometimes due to some valid reasons you fail to reach the support professionals. In such scenario you can contact other reliable agencies.
- No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update
- Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- Why is Journal Entry Not Showing in Sales in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks Error H303
- Quickbooks Could Not Load The License Data Error
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 6073
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Error 1603