When it comes to managing your own business, your approach should be smart and sensible. You might wish to take your business to better heights and will be interested in acquisition or mergers. QuickBooks is a great choice for small and medium sized businesses.
- 1 Process of QuickBooks Export Transactions to Another Company File
- 2 Infographic to Copy Quickbooks Transactions from Company File to Another Company File
- 3 FAQ
With two business units merging, skills related to record keeping is important. Tallying and maintaining both accounts, updating both companies’ information at one place will be another vital task. This is where QuickBooks will be the best possible solution for your business. As it makes things logically magical with a pinch of quick calculations.
With this, you need to copy all the data at one place. It means you need to export multiple transactions and get it imported at another Company’s file. This smart tool comes handy if your accountant wishes to update the balance sheets for both the companies or work on a profit and loss statement. Both companies’ transactions, invoices, memos, etc have to be merged.
The ease of operation and error-free results will keep things smartly smooth. Long hours of calculation can be done quickly. For added flexibility, these source and destination company files can be on different QuickBooks versions and even on different machines. But due to cloud storage technology, there are no boundaries of location or devices. We can explore several opportunities to keep this streamlined.
Process of QuickBooks Export Transactions to Another Company File
The process exporting things from quickbooks like transactions required 3 different stages, which are listed below:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Step One: Update the Preferences as per Requirement
1. You need to disable the use of Account Number.
2. Hover your mouse over the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
3. Then, select Accounting and choose the Company Preferences tab.
4. Unselect the Use account numbers, press OK.
5. Next step is to Disable Sales Tax following the same process from above.
6. In the prompt section, select No, then choose OK.
Step Two: Make a Custom Transaction Detail Report
1. From the Reports menu, choose Custom Reports
2. Select Transaction Details and Customize Reports:
3. Choose the desired date.
4. Transaction Type: Choose your desired transaction type.
5. Detail Level: All Except Summary
6. To run the report, select OK.
7. Save the report as PDF if desired.
Step Three: Export the report in excel
1. Once the report is opened, select Excel from the drop-down menu.
2. Choose Create New Worksheet.
3. Then choose Export.
All you need to do is to export the QuickBooks reports in Excel and you can either choose to keep it as it is or update it in your Chart of Accounts (COA) as another segregation.
Not only record keeping; but maintenance, updates and access have become better with usage of QuickBooks. Your record keeping will never look dull to you as the exporting work is faster and easier.
Infographic to Copy Quickbooks Transactions from Company File to Another Company File
Need Professional Help?
How would I export the QuickBooks export transactions to another company file?
You can easily export the QuickBooks export transactions to another company file. Firstly you have to choose the File menu and click on the Utilities. Then, hit the next click on the Export and choose the IIF files. Moving forward with on-screen guidelines, mark and check the lists that you want to export. Hit the Ok button and then browse the location where you are required to save the file.
Is it easy to export the transactions from QuickBooks?
Yes, go to your App menu in your QuickBooks Desktop then discover the specified app that you are required to export the transactions in the QuickBooks. Then, hit the export button and move forward with displayed instructions.
How can I export unreconciled transactions to another company file in QuickBooks?
First of all, open the account and then select the “Chart of Accounts” option. Now you have to find the bank and then choose the “Account History” from the drop menu option. Click on the Run Report and then customize. Choose the particular date under the report time. Choose the filter and the mark the clear box and click on the Uncleared button. Finally, choose the Run Report and you are all done with this process.
- QuickBooks 2016 or 2017 Unable to Export to Excel
- Export Invoice from QuickBooks?
- Perform QuickBooks Export Transactions to Another Company File in No Time!
- How to Import QuickBooks Data into TurboTax
- Export QuickBooks Customer List
- Import General Ledger into Quickbooks
- Import Product or Service List in QuickBooks?
- Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks
- Import Transactions into Quickbooks
- How to Import Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel?