QuickBooks error 6150 is a company file error that prompts while working on the company file. There could be various causes for the error to be generated and hence it prompts the software. There are various other errors that are a result of the company file being corrupt or unable to open. QuickBooks Error 6073 is a similar error that has familiar causes.
QuickBooks however is a multi-usability software that tracks down every second information of the business. In this article, we will describe the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks Error 6150. These solutions would allow you to fix the issue by yourself and within no time.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 6150, – 1006?
- 2 Variables That May Trigger this Error – 6150, – 1006
- 3 Important Focuses to Recall:
- 4 Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
- 5 How to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6150
- 6 Tools that can resolve QuickBooks Error 6150
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 What are the points to remember before starting fixing the QuickBooks Error 6150?
- 7.2 What if there is the CryptoWall virus that causes QuickBooks Error 6150 on your computer while working on QuickBooks Desktop?
- 7.3 How Does the express start of the QuickBooks company file resolve QuickBooks Error 6150?
- 7.4 How do I fix error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks?
- 7.5 What is error 6150 and 1006 in QuickBooks Enterprise?
- 7.6 What is error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks desktop?
What is QuickBooks Error 6150, – 1006?
QuickBooks error – 6150, – 1006 is one of the regularly experienced errors that could be seen when the client finds that users can’t open the company file. At the point when the client experiences this error, the absolute first thing to do is to distinguish the real reason, and afterward, move to the settling strategies. If you are additionally confronting any such error, this will help in fixing it with no issue.
Variables That May Trigger this Error – 6150, – 1006
- Damaged or Corrupted company files may trigger this kind of error.
- PC tainted with CryptoWall infection can likewise wind up this kind of error.
- Debased installation of QuickBooks work area.
- The company file is defiled or contaminated with the infection.
- At the point when you are attempting to open a compact file without opening the QuickBooks work area.
Important Focuses to Recall:
If the organizer where the QuickBooks company file is put away has a decrypt instructions record, then, at that point, the system is contaminated. Alongside the QuickBooks company file, the CryptoWall infection can damage the different files and projects too. Likewise, Intuit Data Services will not have the option to fix the contaminated files for the debasement is serious.
Limitations, you need to know about the recovery through “QuickBooks Auto Recovery.”
QuickBooks auto-recovery isn’t attainable with QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprises.
- It isn’t accessible with the “Bookkeeper ”
- There lies a file-size limit ( bound to 1.5 GB as it were)
- The QB Work area should be updated with the most recent variant.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
- The company file is damaged. You need to create a new backup in an external storage device
- Corrupt QuickBooks installation
- Opening QuickBooks file without the software being launched
- Incorrect file extension
- The company file is infected by malware or virus
How to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6150
There are various resolutions to fix this error & some of them are mentioned below
1. Solution One: Create a new QuickBooks company file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to begin the process.
- Click on Create a new company in the No company open window.
- To set up QuickBooks, navigate to the setup window and enter the necessary information.
- The next step is to choose the Create a company option.
- Create charts of accounts (COA), customers, and services.
2. Solution Two: Use Backup to Regain The Company File
- Select QuickBooks > File > Restore Company
- Go to restore a backup company and then tap next
- Go to local backup and then tap next
- Mark the company file location in the system
- Click the backup (the file extension of the backup should be .qbb)
- Open the file and tap next
- Save the backup file to a preferred location
- Select a new company file name and save the file (the file extension will automatically save the backup with the .qbw extension
- Tap yes to delete the previous file and continue with the software
3. Solution Three: Make A New File Altogether
- Select QuickBooks
- Under no company open wizard, make a new company file
- In the setup wizard, enter the information asked for
- Once you have filled in all the data, tap create a company file
- Start all the procedures with the new company
4. Solution Four: Clean the PC of any virus
- Navigate to and open the system’s antivirus application. If necessary, perform an update for the antivirus software, such as MacAfee.
- Subsequently, initiate the antivirus program to activate it. Proceed by conducting a comprehensive system scan.
- Once the scan is completed, address any detected viruses or malware present on the system.
- This sequence of steps is anticipated to effectively resolve the issue to a certain degree.
5. Solution Five: Check for CryptoWall
CryptoWall virus and other malicious software can cause Error -6150, -1006 and prevent QuickBooks from opening.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, type explorer, then open it.
- The QuickBooks folder can be found on the C: drive. Access it.
- Spot any files that have instructions or words like Decrypt.
You should reach out to your anti-virus provider if you discover any files that fit this description.
Tools that can resolve QuickBooks Error 6150
Solution 1: Conform to the QuickBooks file doctor tool
Follow the directions below to fix the error with QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Launch QuickBooks file doctor and wait until No company open appears on the screen.
- Then select File and Utilities.
- Next, select the “Repair file” option and also choose the “Network problems” option.
- Subsequently, when a dialog box appears, click on the “OK” button.
- The application will initiate with the File Doctor feature, granted administrative privileges. When prompted by the dialog box, click on the “Yes” option.
- To access the File Doctor application, locate and click on the Wrench icon, then proceed by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- Begin by entering your credentials and logging into the file. This action will initiate the File Doctor tool, which will then commence the process of repairing the file.
- When presented with options in the Advanced settings, specifically select the “Diagnosis file” option.
- Hit the Next tab next.
- In addition, you should check if the issue persists after the system prompts you to do so.
Solution 2: Make use of the Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
The following steps will guide you through the process of using an auto data recovery tool to fix the QuickBooks company file error 6150.
- Using this method, you will need to create a new folder named QBTest.
- Locate the .tlg files in the company file folder.
- To do this, you need to copy the .Tlg file from the company file folder and paste it into the QBTest folder.
- In the company data folder, locate the QBAuto Data Recovery folder.
- To test the QuickBooks auto data recovery, copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it into the QBTest folder.
- Once this has been done, remove the “.Adr” extension from the filename and open QuickBooks.
- The company file is located in the QBTest folder.
- Click on the Utilities option under the File tab. Then choose Verify data to check if the issue exists.
- Proceed with the following step, which involves substituting the company file in the QuickBooks data folder with the corresponding company file from the QBTest folder.
- Upon completing this process, it is imperative to verify whether the error has been resolved or if it persists.
The limitations of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
In addition to these limitations, QuickBooks auto data recovery has the following limitations:
- The utilization of QuickBooks auto data recovery is not supported in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions, constituting one of its limitations.
- Additionally, the availability of auto data recovery is not extended to the accountant version of QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, there exists a file size constraint, stipulating that the file size must not surpass 1.5 GB.
- To ensure optimal functionality, it is essential to keep QuickBooks desktop updated to the most recent version.
QuickBooks is software with astonishing features and highlights to make your business more proficient and productive. The QuickBooks Error 6150 in QuickBooks can be fixed with the solutions above.
Need Professional Help?
In case you are still unable to resolve the error, you can contact our QuickBooks customer support team on smb_accountants and get insights about the error from the knowledgeable and skillful professionals who are available 24/7 to assist you.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the points to remember before starting fixing the QuickBooks Error 6150?
1. Check that if there is the DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html) document then your system is corrupted and you have to fix this immediately
2. The intuit data services won’t repair the infected files are extremely corrupted
3. The CryptoWall virus can corrupt or harm other files and programs too along with your QuickBooks files.
What if there is the CryptoWall virus that causes QuickBooks Error 6150 on your computer while working on QuickBooks Desktop?
1. Go to the Start menu on your Windows desktop
2. Type the File Explorer in the search box and press enter button to open it
3. You can also directly click on the File Explorer icon on the Taskbar to open it
4. After opening File Explorer, open the QuickBooks Folder that is located on the C: drive
5. Now look for the files that have the instructions or decrypt (.txt or .html).
How Does the express start of the QuickBooks company file resolve QuickBooks Error 6150?
1. Write all the required details in the QuickBooks Setup window
2. Now choose the option Create Company file
3. When the file creation is done
4. Create the customers, Chart of Accounts, and services
5. You can also do it later by selecting the option Start Working.
How do I fix error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks?
1. Check for CryptoWall.
2. Create a new QuickBooks company file.
3. Conform to the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
4. Clean the PC of any virus
5. Restore Backup.
6. Make use of the Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
What is error 6150 and 1006 in QuickBooks Enterprise?
You might be experiencing errors -6150 and -1006 in your company file. But don’t worry. We can help you resolve this issue so you can get back to work as soon as possible.
What is error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks desktop?
What causes Error -6150, -1006 in QuickBooks? The company file that you are trying to access is corrupt or damaged. Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows. The company file has a different extension than (.QBW).