What is QuickBooks Error 6150 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks error 6150 is a company file error which prompts while working on the company file. There could be various causes for the error to be generated and hence it prompts the software. There are various other errors which are a result of company file being corrupt or unable to open. QuickBooks Error 6073 is a similar error which has familiar causes.
QuickBooks however is a multi usability software which tracks down every second information of the business. In this article we will describe the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks Error 6150. These solutions would allow you to fix the issue by yourself and within no time.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
- The company file is damaged. You need to create a new backup in an external storage device
- Corrupt QuickBooks installation
- Opening QuickBooks file without the software being launch
- Incorrect file extension
- The company file is infected by malware or virus
How to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6150
There are various resolutions to fix this error & some of them are mentioned below
1. Solution One: Use Backup to Regain The Company File
- Select QuickBooks > File > Restore Company
- Go to restore a backup company and then tap next
- Go to local backup and then tap next
- Mark the company file location in the system
- Click the backup (the file extension of the backup should be .qbb)
- Open the file and tap next
- Save the backup file to a preferred location
- Select a new company file name and save the file (the file extension will automatically save the backup with .qbw extension
- Tap yes to delete the previous file and continue with the software
2. Solution Two: Make A New File Altogether
- Select QuickBooks
- Under no company open wizard, make a new company file
- In the setup wizard, enter the information asked for
- Once you have filled in all the data, tap create company file
- Start all the procedures with the new company
3. Solution Three: Use Auto Recover
- Get all the lost transactions from the log file and the duplicate company file
- Both of these files will allow you to create new data file (do not add the transactions of last few hours).
QuickBooks is a software with astonishing features and highlights to make your business more proficient and productive. The Quickbooks Error 6150 in QuickBooks can be fixed with the solutions above. 3
Need Professional Help?
In case you are still unable to resolve the error, you can contact our QuickBooks customer support team on smb_accountants and get insights about the error from the knowledgeable and skillful professionals who are available 24/7 to assist you.
- Quickbooks Update Error 1603
- Quickbooks Invoice Number Not Incrementing
- Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104
- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open
- Quickbooks Error 6129
- ‘QuickBooks Asking to Rebuild Data Continuously’ Error
- QuickBooks Data Sync Start and Stop
- How to Fix Error Codes: (-1, 0) in QuickBooks
- Overflow Error in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error 3120