QuickBooks users sometimes struggle to sync the license issue and it leads to major problems. It usually happens when the user tries to sync the permit info. Stay in tune with this article at the end to get complete information on “How to fix unable to Sync License QuickBooks” including all related information.
- 1 Problem in synchronizing your QuickBooks license data, while using sync license
- 2 How to Resolve the Issue?
- 2.1 1. Method One: Check & Ensure The Correct License and Product Number
- 2.2 2. Method Two: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.Ecml File
- 2.3 3. Method Three: Check and Verify The Internet Connections
- 2.4 4. Method Four: Reset The Internet Explorer Settings
- 2.5 5. Method Five: Internet Connectivity is Not Blocked by The Firewall
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 How can I remove the Entitlement file to resolve the sync licensce QuickBooks issue?
- 3.2 How can I verify the number of licensed users and sync licensed data online after fixing the unable to Sync License QuickBooks issue?
- 3.3 What is the best way to check and repair the sync licensed QuickBooks error?
Problem in synchronizing your QuickBooks license data, while using sync license
It is a common problem that QuickBooks users encounter at times. This error is faced while the user tries to syncs the license data. It crops up with the statement “There was a problem in synchronizing your QuickBooks license data with Intuit. Please try again later.”
How to Resolve the Issue?
There are several solutions recommended by Intuit to resolve this problem. If your problem gets resolved following the first solution no need to opt the other solutions. Follow the sequence of solutions provided by Intuit.
Please make sure to confirm the date and time settings on your computer are correct before you proceed to the solutions.
1. Method One: Check & Ensure The Correct License and Product Number
The user has to check and ensure the correct License and Product Number. To do this, you have to perform the below steps:
- In the first step, you have to open your QuickBooks
- Then, press the F2 key
- Now, the product information window will appear on your screen
- Check your product number, licensce number, and produt name
- You can also view for the release at the end of your product name.
After this, you have to view for the edition in the File section. The list is sorted including the earlier version also.
2. Method Two: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.Ecml File
An another way is to resolve this error is to rename the EntitlementDataStore.Ecml File with the following guidelines:
The initial step is to check the entitlement client folder must be a hidden folder. Then users might be required to display all hidden folders and files to view and ensure about all files utilizing the windows before implementing the below steps. The user has to check out how to display the hidden folders and files.
Case 1: For window 10 users
- Firstly, you have to open your System tray
- Hit the click on the Folder icon to initiate the File Explorer
- Then, choose the View tab option and click on the Hidden items
- At last, it will appear on your screen
Case 2: For window 8.1 & 8 users
- Press window + E key together for a while to introduce the File Explorer
- Hit the click on the View tab
- Then, you have to select the files extensions and hidden products
Case 3: If you want to search files in window 8, 8.1 and 10
- From your keyboard, press the window + E simentenously to launch the windows explorer
- Then, you have to press the Ctrl + F key together to choose the search box
- In any case, if you don’t remember the complete file name then you have to try to enter the part of the file name
- If you only remember your file extension then you have to substitue an asterisk for that specified file name and then enter the extension also
- At last, the results will appear on your screen.
Point to be Noted: The similar file might be appear in multiple folders. The same file appears many times with different file extensions also.
Follow the below-mentiones instructions to rename the EntitlementDataStore.Ecml file
- Press the window + R key together to view the run command
- Then, you required to copy and then paste the given path
- Hit the Enter key to move forward with displayed guidelines
- View for the folder v8 and then hit the click on the Rename button
- Now, you get access to rename the folder and you are all done with this program
3. Method Three: Check and Verify The Internet Connections
Sometimes issues appear due to improper connectivity. Check your internet connectivity and other networks in a correct manner
- The first thing you have to do open your QuickBooks
- Then, go to the Help menu and choose the “Internet Connection Setup”
- Now, you have to select the “Use my Computer’s internet connections settings”
- Hit the click on the Next button
- After this, you have to choose the “Advanced Connection Settings” and all internet options will appear on your screen. If you find any issue then correct it manually.
4. Method Four: Reset The Internet Explorer Settings
The best way to resolve this error is to reset the internet explorer settings
- First of all, close all open windows and programs section
- Then, open the “Internet Explorer” option and open the Tools
- Hit the next click on the Internet option
- Now, you have to choose the Advanced tab
- Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box
- Then, click on the Reset option
- User Must be sure that you want to reset the internet explorer settings
- Click on the Reset option
- Once you apply the default settings, then hit the close button
- At last, restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not
In any case, if internet explorer won’t open or unable to load the page then it might be happened due to an add-on which means interfering with the process.
To fix this issue, you need to locate your processor speed with the following guidelines:
- Click on the Start menu
- Choose the Settings and then click on the Sytem
- From the drop-down menu, you have to choose the “About” option
- Open the system specification and view the system type
- Now, you have to check the processor speed and you are all done with this program
5. Method Five: Internet Connectivity is Not Blocked by The Firewall
Make sure your internet connectivity is not blocked by the firewall. If it’s blocked then you have to set up the firewall setting with the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to add the firewall port exception for the QuickBooks
- Then, you have to open the Window start menu
- Click on the “Windows Firewall” and the new window will appear on your screen
- After this, choose the Advanced settings
- Hit the right-click on the Inbound rules and choose the Port
- Click on the Next button and must be sure TCP is chosen.
At times there comes a scenario that multiple staff need to work in one company file and need access to the same QuickBooks file at the same time. If you have the same need in your business, you will need to at least two QuickBooks licenses – one for each person simultaneously accessing the company file.
When you have the additional licenses, you can set up a second PC to see the first through a wireless or wired network. Once both the computers are linked by the network, share the database with both Windows users. On the computer you accessed QuickBooks first:
Go to Help>Manage My License>Sync License Data Online
So that the original license take cares of the stuff you have a second license attached to it. Also you will have to switch to multi-user mode by going to:
File>Switch to Multi User Mode
Need Professional Help?
How can I remove the Entitlement file to resolve the sync licensce QuickBooks issue?
Firstly, open the window start menu and then go to the search bar and write the “RUN” option Then, open the Run and write Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8. Hit the Enter key and locate the EntitlementData. After this, open your QuickBooks file and then go to your company file. Perform the screen guidelines until you get access to register the QuickBooks.
How can I verify the number of licensed users and sync licensed data online after fixing the unable to Sync License QuickBooks issue?
Go to the help menu and then choose the “Manage My License” option. Hit the click on the “Sync License data online” option. Again, open the “Manage My License” menu and then buy the additional user license. All details will appear on your screen and then be verified by the license user.
What is the best way to check and repair the sync licensed QuickBooks error?
The thing you have to do to check and verify the entered license and product number correctly. After ensuring all details, if an error still appears on your screen then rename the “EntitlementDataStore” or check the internet explorer setting. Before proceeding with any troubleshoot, check the internet connectivity because longer time is the major reason behind the sync licensed issue.
- QuickBooks Error 103
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- UNABLE TO BACKUP QUICKBOOKS
- QuickBooks Error Code 1311
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open
- QuickBooks Error 6210
- Quickbooks is unable to verify the financial institution error
- QuickBooks ND File error: What is it within quickbooks desktop and enterprise